Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've had my Q3 for 2 months and 4500 miles now and to date I only have one ( very minor) irritation.
No matter what I try in the MMI options I always get the radio on when starting the car (or media playing if that was the last source I was using.
Is there a way of switching the sound off until I want it?

Regards
Tony

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Tony. I hope so, because that is the sort of thing that will drive me nuts! Surely you can start the car without having to listen to the radio/media. You just need the answer...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is it because you switched the car off with the radio silenced, rather than being off?

I believe a brief push of the power button silences the radio (light stays on red), where as a longer push switches the radio off completely (red light is off).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
So it's not only me , this is the most annoying thing I have had in any car . I have tried everything to turn it off .

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
I was thinking the same thing as Mrs G briefly had the same issue with her A3. Thankfully she's an avid manual-reader (yes, I know, she needs to get out more) and spotted it straight away. Simply press the Off button and hold it in for a second or two to switch the sound system all the way off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hopefully everyone will learn from us eh Gromit?

ps Crackin' toast

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Black Pudding said:
Hopefully everyone will learn from us eh Gromit?
There aren't many of us left, mate.

I was afraid people might think I was taking the p*** if I simply suggested turning the bloody thing off properly...

</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, that simple, of course, why din't I think of that

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tried but this doesn't work , it also turns off the MMI and as soon as you turn the MMI back on, the radio comes back on .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts