Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suddenly became a bit worried about my not-yet-delivered Q3... and I think it's to late to modify the specs...

I prefer extra boot space to the insanely large subwoofer, so I did not select the "Audi sound system". On the other hand, I enjoy listening to radio a lot, so I went for the "DAB radio" option. Also, the salesman persuaded me to get a bluetooth option. Unfortunately, I am not 100% sure what I got, in the local language here it sounds more like "bluetooth preparation" than anything else. I got the impression that I could play music from my phone over this connection, but I might have misunderstood, and the salesman may not have been too well versed in all these configuration details either.
What I wonder about now, is,
1) will I be able to stream music from any bluetooth-able device, like a phone, to this setup? And 2) will I get this SDHC-port for insertion of a card with music that I can play?
Or would I need one or more of the "Audi sound system", "Radio concert", "Radio chorus", "MMI", "The 'other' bluetooth-option" or even more packages?!
(My understanding was that Radio w/DAB was simply "all other radio/CD/mp3 + more", but maybe this is not correct.)
I really hope I will be able to either play from an SDHC card or from bluetooth, since I am no Apple-man, thus having no use for this direct-iPod-connection thingy...

J.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I believe all versions include the 2 x SDHC card inputs (one of which is used for Sat Nav, if you choose that option) - so you can always play from an SDHC card if that's what you want

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Puuuhh... Thanks! Hope you're right!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I wouldn't recommend streaming, you car should come with 2 SD card slots get yourself a 32gb SD card fill it up with music and away you go, the MMi cable does not have to be the Apple one you can ask for a USB or 3.5 jack plug instead.The Q3 comes with bluetooth already built in and it works well enough for me, I'm pretty sure the upgrade your dealer talked you into buying is not needed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Del, I'm happy to hear that both streaming and SD-card will probably work. If the latter works, I will prefer that, I believe my music collection will fit well into 32 GB!
A bit annoying to have been sold something I don't need, but I guess I can live with that if what I need actually do work...J.

Edited by: JayN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts