Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some Audi blurb in the Audi News section about Q4.

I've yet to see one on the road, pricing is an issue. Spec a Quattro 50 Vorsprung and it is north of £65k with fairly dull performance. Have a feeling that this is a misjudged product in the current market.

·
Registered
392 Posts
There is a forum at Audi Q4 Forum (unsurprisingly) with updates on deliveries etc. I think that several of the premium EVs with more power and large batteries are high-priced. The real curiosity about Q4 is that its 0-60 isn't better. I suspect that subjectively it might feel a bit faster because of the intrinsic ability of EVs to deliver acceleration without transmission or turbo lags or pauses but ultimately the stopwatch doesn't lie. Why isn't Q4 50 any speedier? It's still relatively early in the development of ID4 GTX platform and maybe a software update could deliver more power in time - ultimately performance is largely controlled by software, eg how much current the motors are allowed to draw when commanded to generate more torque. Maybe Audi didn't want to impinge too much on higher e-trons or maybe they need to leave space for SQ4 or RSQ4. (Q4 50 is about on a par with Q3 45 in terms of 0-60 times, though why Q4 is allowed '50' while a non-RS Q3 is limited to '45' is a bit odd.)

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
578 Posts
I've seen a couple on the road and they do look nice and chunky.
Other than that it's not a car I'd be interested in but from what you say it sounds a bit underwhelming unless they are leaving headroom for performance models

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Ditto. I saw one yesterday passing coastbound through Gromit's Retreat and yes, I like the styling a lot, but I'm not remotely interested either. Eye-watering pricing for so-so performance - nah, I'll stick with my old 2013 Q3 thanks.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
For now….. ;)

😂

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kia EV6 good alternative
Next year - EV6 GT
I think the Germans still have a way to go and are playing a bit of catch up with the Koreans
And Tesla, to me are starting to look a bit dated 🤣

Reactions: Gromit

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The EV6 is an impressive piece of kit from all accounts - spoke to my local dealer (were the Saab dealer before that all ended) and they said they'd have a demo end of October/ early November, people have ordered vehicle unseen and are expecting delivery May 2022.

I'm with you on the Tesla thing, I have massive respect for the company virtually creating a niche market and the infrastructure from scratch - whilst they have technical supremacy currently now the proper automotive players are wading into the fray the lead will be rapidly eroded. Suddenly the 'iPad with vehicle attached' looks so dated.

Sharing the same platform as the Kia EV6 and the Hyundai Ioniq5 is the Genesis GV60 - doesn't seem to be on sale here yet but have to say it does appeal. Genisis GV60 - US market currently

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Looking in Car mag last week, I was surprised at the seemingly low used values of EVs as I thought they might hold up better. That said, as most are at the upper end, the losses would naturally be greater anyway I suppose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts