Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - my q3 is currently in and when I called in for my loan car I got talking to my salesman and Harrogate Audi have 2 Q3 for march del - the salesman said they are both really high spec. They might be on their website not sure but might be better than waiting 6 months plus - they had an orange one but that has sold. I took the details:

Q3 2.0T Q SE STRONIC
GLACIER WHITE/CHENNAI BROWN NAPPA

Q3 2.0TDI SE STRONIC
ICE SILVER OR PHANTOM BLACK
18” 5 ARM ALLOYS

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here today Gone tomorrow. At least they should be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all, just wondering did anyone else get a production date of week 7/8 and have already received their car? I had production week 7 confirmed and the car was seemingly built that week but it still hasn't arrived, which would only be believable if someone was actually pushing the car all the way from Spain
Maybe the boat hit some rocks and sunk!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
How frustrating Sausages!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Week 9 was my Q3 build date but was still showing in build week 10. It departed Barcelona dock 14<SUP>th</SUP> March, arrived Sheerness 20<SUP>th</SUP> and was transported to dealer on 27<SUP>th</SUP>.
Suggest you interrogate your dealer for the shipping route to Ireland and dock due dates that by now should be on the Audi system.
..........The car is certainly worth waiting for, I've not stop smiling since first driving mine!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes my build date was for week 7 and picked my car on the 17th March. I am delighted with it absolutely fantastic. Derby Audi have been very good and spot on at when I would take delivery. My order was placed at the beginning of November 2011.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi all, i seem to have same problem as some other members.had build week 10. ihave been told still awaiting shipping?(on order since 3 aug).dealer has "s"line 140 in show room which is model i have ordered but not to my spec...but cannot tell me why my order has taken so long..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Guys,
I guess I have been lucky. I was given week 10 build and picked up car tonight, was initially told to expect late April early May delivery. Like all of the others who got there cars, well worth the wait. Hope you get your cars soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks guys for feedback. Colins7, I think I am having the same experience as yourself, my dealer has a brand new q3 s line in the show room but, as you, not to my spec. All very strange, you would think Audi would try to satisfy custom orders first, this could well be my last Audi, that is if I don't cancel I the meantime!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hi Guys,

Collceted my car yesterday, 1 week behind schedule but most of the delay was caused by my private reg transfer. First impressions are good, the car handles well with smoothchanges from the autobox.I live in a hilly area, despite this thefuel consumption appears to be around 40 to the gallon. My previous car wasa Ford Kuga so I'm used to the driving position, the biggest difference between the cars is the superior build quality of the Audi. I'm still trying to get to grips with the technology built into the car, I've given the manual a quick once over but need to sit in the car with the manual to fully appreciate what the car has to offer. I'm a bit miffed to read on the forum that Audi appear to beoffering slightly higher specs on new builds. Having paid 30k plus and my dealer offering no incentives whatsover when I ordered the car this sticks in the throat.
Mysalesman told me yesterday that when I ordered my car he took 3 orders on the same day, 2 S Tronic models & 1 manual. The S Tronic vehicles arrived as planned, but there is a 6 months delay on the manual!
I'll give it a week or so and report further on my opinion of the car.
Has anyone taken out independent GAP Insurance? My dealer wanted £500 and wasn't budging on the price, I've had 2 quotes from websites that average £130.

Q3 2.0TD S TronicS Line, Black, Black & more Black!

·
Registered
264 Posts
colins7 said:
cogratulations gazza hope you enjoy the car,,this might sound stupid,what is meant by GAP insurance?
G A P insurance is , supposed to cover the price difference between your own vehicle and a brand new one for the first 3 years , so if your car £30,000 is written off after 2 years and its valuedat say £20,000 the GAP insurance should top up the payment to what you paid for your vehicle when new . ie = £30,000 so it should give you the extra £10.000 . .thats just a rough idea as to what it does GAZZA my dealer matched my best web price site for GAP insurance £150 so they are just playing hard with you ,

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello Gazza, hope you are enjoying your new motor.
I paid £499 for my GAP insurance but I did not hesitate to take when offered.A neighbour of mine had his 8 month old Jaguar written off (and it did not look that bad when we went with him to see the car) all of the airbags had deployed after a minor impact crash and it was declared to costly to rebuild the inside of the car.He did not have GAP insurance and to his disgust because of vehicle depreciation he was not awarded anything near the amount to enable him to get a replacement brand new car. He has never told us the actual amount but it must have been several thousand pounds short of the cost of a new car, so £499 over four years is small beer to pay to have your car replaced with a brand new model in the event of the unthinkable happening.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Morse Man,Got the quotes from gapinsurance 123 & Direct GAP,hope this helps.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Gazza, Many thanks for the info. I'll certainly check this out and mention it to my dealer when my Q3 is ready for collection.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Also check out ALA, I got them to price match another site, got a good deal for £20,000 cover over 4 years also got £19 cashback via Quidco.....http://www.ala.co.uk/

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just one small point with GAP insurance. Most of them only pay out the difference between the sum paid by the insurance company, and the balance of any HP outstanding (ie not the new price). So, basically, you still lose your deposit plus most of the repayments made. Under those circumstances, unless you are financing virtually the entire purchase price, and the write off happens fairly soon, you are unlikely to benefit from GAP. Alternatively, if you are buying for cash, then GAP makes obvious sense.

So, if you do choose GAP, make sure the cover is based on the cost of a new car, and not the balance owed to the finance company

·
Registered
227 Posts
Guy's. Thank your replies. I had GAP insurance on last A4, and aware of potential pitfalls! Your comments as always, are appreciated.
PS. Just had confirmation that my Q3 was built last week and collection due end of Apr, early May! Nice way to start the week!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts