Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
We didn't test drive the Evoque or seriously consider one - wouldn't wantany Range Roversitting outside my house. We didn't want a car any bigger than the Q3 and the Evoque looks as tho' an elephant has sat on the roof

Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
4 Posts
I briefly considered the Evoque and rejected for 3 reasons:
1) Cost - only the base 2WD was in our budget (and we have an 4WD Q3 on order)2) I don't trust JLR to screw it together properly3) The Range Rover image didn't appeal

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool answers!!! I consider the evoque but the one that was on my budget target was the one that didn't come with xenons for me it was a must, for safety i do night driving a lot, it didn't convince me to add a post buy Xenon kit... problems, I could have buyed the one with xenon and roof pack, also auto parking, but it was 50k USS here for that price I would have buyer a Q5 not an evoque... In the reviews the evoque since to win off road, but i think in reliability, insonorization and fuel economy the Q3 its a smasher, also in accel times!!! with the launch control... The only thing im wondering is if the building quality materials was superior on the evoque, i mean less inside noises and crickets, but i drove one of a relative last month, that was same mileage as mine (around 1000 miles) and found a concert of strange noises... anyone can comment on that based on experience??? Also I didn't like the evoque audio it happened something curious to me, couldn't here the right speaker from the left seat and the other way too!!! that was strange, with the ASS i hear an immersive 3D sound that its not over-proceced at all, with an excellent soundstage!! Thanks to all

Edited by: Mindstorms

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this... Its tended to favor the evoque... I prefer the Q! Its a TDi compare What about petrol? DSG????

·
Registered
72 Posts
£10k difference in price,blimey that's one eck of a difference

·
Registered
304 Posts
I also looked at the Evoque v Q3. Again, felt you had to spend a huge amount more to get fairly standard spec and gradually put off by the amount of them I see on the motorways daily... very common! I asked a mate who sells high end cars what his choice would be....he said Audi every time, stay away from the overpriced and under powered RRE. Last week I followed a white RRE, the number plate had a large image of a storm trooper head on the side and a Jedi quote under the reg. Made the right choice - don't want something resembling a plastic 70s action figure! ?

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Snobaby said:
... Last week I followed a white RRE, the number plate had a large image of a storm trooper head on the side and a Jedi quote under the reg. Made the right choice - don't want something resembling a plastic 70s action figure! ?
Oh dear. How common - how dreadfully common.

·
Registered
304 Posts
RRE....it's the new Capri!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the interruption but, can you imagine the RR
in this picture? I can't... Sometimes i can't stop looking at it, its that a normal behabiour?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nooooo! That is perfect!

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Snobaby said:
RRE....it's the new Capri!
No no no no! You're spelling it wrong - it isn't spelt "C-A-P-R-I".....

.....it's spelt "C-R-A-P-P-Y".

...oh, and Mindstorms - your behaviour is perfectly normal. Honest. No, really.

.... apart from doing that, that is.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gromit said:
Snobaby said:
... Last week I followed a white RRE, the number plate had a large image of a storm trooper head on the side and a Jedi quote under the reg. Made the right choice - don't want something resembling a plastic 70s action figure! ?
Oh dear.  How common - how dreadfully common. 
Having said that, we also have a Toyota iQ in pearl white. Now that DOES look like a Storm Trooper`s helmet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Q3 drives great (if not in the garage being repaired, 100 days in a year!)40 to the gallon over 25,000 miles is great also.
It boils down to this...If you like the style and require a soft roader then buy a Range Rover. As this is the only safe one in adverse weather. If you can get away with a normal car and only buy a SUV because you like the driving position then a Q3 will probably be the better car. A word of caution though! The brand Audi does not ensure a reliable car no more than a Range Rover might

·
Registered
563 Posts
Craig darcy said:
A word of caution though! The brand Audi does not ensure a reliable car no more than a Range Rover might

I think this may apply to all VAG group vehicles, my old Golf had many problems over the years.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
412 Posts
I test drove an Evoque not long after they were released. Must admit I was taken in by the looks but driving it? The engine was underpowered, gearbox was slow, infotainment touchscreen was slow and imprecise. Build quality left a bit to be desired............basically it was a really posh tractor. I ended up buying a fully loaded Ford Kuga, saved myself over £10k spec for spec and, quite frankly, was as good, and in some areas, better than the Evoque. I don't think I can remember a car that was ever 'overhyped' as much!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts