Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please move if in the wrong area. I currently have my Q3 sline plus 2016 35k, utopia blue, FSH and detachable towbar fitted. The car is not for sale although im gauging approximate values. The car PCP deal will be up in around 6 months and im looking at the best selling
option not to lose out. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
If you look at WBAC as the 'worst case' and then use Google there are alternatives that will give you a better price. Call the finance company and find out what the Settlement Value is and compare.

1) If there is equity in your Q3, i.e. the car is worth more than the Settlement Value then you have an idea of the deposit for the next one
Or
2) If the car is worth less than the Settlement Value then you could exercise your legal right to hand it back and walk away - no point making the monthly payments if it's more money down the drain with no asset at the end.

Reactions: Craigyw1984

·
Registered
11 Posts
Motorway.co.uk is worth a look as an alternative to We Buy Any Car as they work directly with dealers rather than putting everything into auction as We Buy do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Motorway.co.uk is worth a look as an alternative to We Buy Any Car as they work directly with dealers rather than putting everything into auction as We Buy do.
+1 for Motorway.co.uk. As I have reported elsewhere on this forum I achieved a sale price through them for a TT Roadster recently of £9078 against a WBAC value (before downward negotiations) of £7500. They will quote you a “reserve price” for auction which will give you an indicative value of the minimum they would expect to achieve for your car. In my case the reserve was £8200 so as you can see they smashed that!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been intrigued by motorway but didn't know anyone personally who used it... Sounds posative... Is it mainly car dealers that bid on cars or "Joe public"...? What happens with the appraisal of your car with them as WBAC always knock off 500quid for every bloody stone chip :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Motorway - you enter your reg no and condition of the car and they give you an instant idea of the value. If you like it you then submit a load of photos of the car - they provide templates - and your car then gets listed online with a reserve price at 0900 on an agreed date. Auction, which is motor dealers only , ends at 1500. You are sent the best price offer around 1530 which you can either accept or decline - no pressure. If you accept, dealer will contact you to arrange collection and come to your house at an agreed time within a few days. They’ll take it for a 10” drive and provided the car is as described will transfer the money using faster payments into your account on the spot. In my case they asked for my account details in advance - sort code; account no. (Nothing else). Dead simple. Dealer who bought my car said he rarely negotiated on price and only when car was not as described and where sellers have been dishonest. He had walked away from a couple. If they do this too regularly Motorway drop them from their list of auction dealers so it’s not in their interest to mess you around. Costs you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! No time wasters or tyre kickers.

Check them out on Trustpilot. Loads of 5 star reviews. Wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts