Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reversing out the garage yesterday, very windy but i was crawling out usual.
The wind caught the door pulling it down a foot, i couldn't see it and the fin caught the garage door. Almighty bang, grinding noise next

The fin had been ripped out the roof of the car, burst my garage door causing a metal support to fall out and scratch the roof also

Here's a few pics of the damage, insurance co have been excellent. Car has already been picked up and dropped off at Audi Bodyshop. The fin is actually made of metal, hance the damage to my garage door.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry, what rotten luck. I do hope it all gets sorted soon.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are phoning me back with an estimate of how long it will take to fix today.

Is there a Q3 emotional support line for times like these? Annoying thing is i always put the car in the garage to keep it out of harms way

Nobody was hurt except my pride, and my foot as i kicked the nearest box when i seen it

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow that's bad news
That also looks like a very expensive job, I hope the repair goes well for you.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
201 Posts
Really sorry to see this reilsab, I hope the garage can carry out a perfect repair and it's soon just an unpleasant memory.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody, hopefully it won't be long beforeI'mback on board.
My first claim in about 20 years, it's all pretty slick nowadays thanks to the web

I can even track the status of my Repairon-line, using Audi Assist butI'mnot to impressed to be honest. Better off dealing direct with my own Ins Company. I got a leaflet when i bought the car offering me 1 year complementary Audi Assist, took it because it comes with free legal assist and they manage your claimetc.It's just as easy to deal direct however I'vefound as Audi Approved repairers are authorised repairers for most Ins Company's.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't want to scare you but I think the whole roof will need replacing.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was worried about it requiring a new roof skin Del, repairer have said however it's not that bad and can be repaired.

Phew

·
Registered
485 Posts
If that was me, under the same circumstances, my pride would be hurt! These things happen, although that is no consolation.

However it will soon be back to new and you will be back driving it- bet you can't wait.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of the reasons we bought the house was the double garage. My other half was looking upstairs and asking all the questions, i was in the garage thinking "yeah my new car will fit nicely in here"

Audi garage told me today they are waiting on parts and my car is due back next Friday 8th

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picking it up tomorrow 10am

I'm getting that new car feeling all over again, 2 weeks without the Q has been an eye opener! I'll never complain about those weenigglesever again!

·
Super Moderator
1,715 Posts
reilsab said:
Picking it up tomorrow 10am

I'm getting that new car feeling all over again, 2 weeks without the Q has been an eye opener! I'll never complain about those weenigglesever again!
Well 2 times a new Q3 (without total loss) in a short time, lucky you

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cost me £250 excess this time, was a **** of a lot more than that the last time

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers terapati, picked the car up a few hours ago and it looks good as new

I was the 3rd person in as many months with damaged caused by the fin getting caught. An A6 last month, me and an A4 just in. I was the only person who managed to tear it out the roof completely though

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great news that the repair looks good...you must be relieved...I am checking the mirrors when leaving my garage more that I did before!!Cheers

·
Registered
563 Posts
A good repair that's a relief it's always a worry when a car goes into the body shop

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, been out and about all day enjoying the car again.

Really slow now when reversing out, new automated door coming shortly to help with my paranoia

The Audi approved bodyshop staff were excellent, walked me round the car making sure i was happy and explained the repair. Then it was the painfull part, paying the excess

I hope nobody on here ever needs a repair but if you do insist on an Audi approved bodyshop. Oh and activate the audi assist free insurance if you got the leaflet. Saved me a lot if hassle!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts