Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Firstly, I am new to this forum.

It's almost one year now and I am almost due for my 1st year servicing for my Q3. Any tips?

The issues I have had till date would be:
1. ran out of coolant which is pretty unusual
2. whenI ride up a slope (e.g high raised Parking lot) from stationary position, the car starts of initially with a jerk. I also experience this while accelarating from low speed.

Any other usual things to be checked?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Ferns

What is your spec, auto/manual, Quattro/fwd etc?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Check they actually fill the Screen-wash bottle - it seems to have a huge capacity, but ran out the day after my first service....
There are some software updates to apply (depending on accessories, such as Sat Nav)

Might be worth getting the front under-tray checked - there seems to be a sudden surge in loss of these in the bad/wet weather recently! (not that I expect you have the sort of weather we're having
)Edited by: Jules

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Crem0,My spec is Q3 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic 125Kw Auto with comfort package, Chrome package, Technik Package & sunroof,open sky.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Fern, welcome to the forum, any pictures? When you say you ran out of coolant like Jules I presume you mean windscreen wash as losing engine coolant is a serious issue not to mention potentially fatal for the engine

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Fern

Not experienced any jerk from acceleration, but I'm diesel. I have noticed on hills,although I don't have hill assist, the electro brake does apply that gives a slight jerk when pulling off but I wouldn't say it's particularly noticeable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi SteadyKev, its not the windscreen wash but the coolant. I have booked my service for tomorrow so will let them know about it. Hopefully the figure out the cause of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dropped off my car to service this morning and told the guy about the coolant issue. He straight away said that there might be a leak and would have to have a check. the way he replied sounded to me like a normal issue.
Suggested for a wheel rotation i.e. rear wheels to the front for $33 AUD which is not part of the corporate free service.
Apart from that it looks to be normal checks and oil changes. I am more interested what comes off the coolant issue. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi FernsNot too sure I understand the coolant loss issue, and hope you can clarify when you collect the car. As steadykev has said, if you run out of coolant, the car is undriveable, and would for sure ruin the engine. I would have thought this was somethingextremely urgentWhat first made you aware that you had run out of coolant? Was it a coolant leak on the ground, or a warning symbol? Did you then top it up, and continue to top it up? If it was a fluid leak on the ground, that could have been condensed water from the air conditioning system, which is quite normal.Please update us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all,
Sorry about the delay in getting back on this.
Yes, it was the coolant issue and it was not leaks or anything but warning on my dashboard to stop the car. when i checked the coolant it was not completely empty.
I did mention the same at the service and they came back that they did a full pressure check and couldn't trace out any issues. but if the situation happens again they asked to get the car back.
The service was as always great. The only thing not covered on corporate deal was that the tyre rotation was $33.
Apart from that nothing much. After the service, car drive more absolutely great, smooth and soundless. I am enjoying the drive :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi ferns, glad to hear your sorted but still a bit concerned as to why it was low. Was it missed on QA inspection before leaving Spain? Hopefully it didn't drop enough to cause damage. Is it anything to do with the hot weather you have down under? Keep us posted over the next few weeks, I would suggest you check it every day for the first week and then twice a week for the next 2 then weekly for the next 3 and so on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts