Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Single track road. Stopped in passing place, driver coming other way rolls in his mirrors and squeezes past. FairPlay I think to myself, he's confident. Then scrape bang crunch. My 2 month old car has a body modification. I thought it was just the bumper and the trim, but the bodywork just under the fuel flap is creased.Elderly gent admits liability whilst saying 'Cars don't stay looking new for long'

Audi insurance recommend Bodytechnics in Slough. They are Bentley, Aston,Ferrari , Porsche approved. Think the Q3 will be OK.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That's bad news, had my first bump after 4 months but the Audi approved bodyshop had it looking like New again so I wouldn't stress to much about it. least the elderly man was a gent and didn't try to blame you!

I would do a bit of research before you nominate a garage, I ended up traveling to another Audi approved as my local one just sub contacted the Work out

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Finalcut said:
...Elderly gent admits liability whilst saying 'Cars don't stay looking new for long'
...not while he's around, apparently.

Sorry to hear about your scrape. I think the repair centre has sufficient pedigree to handle it OK though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ouch! Hope you'll find a good bodyshop to bring your Q3 back to it's pristine condition.

pekX2to

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Q3 is fixed. Looks like new pretty much, although upon close inspection there was a slight bump above the rear window. A lacquer run apparently, which they offered a while u wait fix, when I have an hour to pop it back. When I look at the back quarter that has been fixed, there is a slightly more rippled effect than the factory paint. But I am being super picky. The workshop had loads of Ferraris and other exotica, why are so many of them in bits?I also seem to have an Audi first aid kit I don't remember seeing before, does it have a hiding hole ?

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Yes it does, in the boot area on the right, behind the trim panel. Not sure exactly where (I've only seen it once myself).

Glad it's all back together again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts