Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has just got an new Q3 2.0 Tdi SE.

We did not order the Sat Nav option, however, i believe I can obtain an SD card and have it activated?

Is this true?
Where do I get the SD card from?
How much is it?
Will any dealer authorise it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
264 Posts
markjonesx said:
My wife has just got an new Q3 2.0 Tdi SE.

We did not order the Sat Nav option, however, i believe I can obtain an SD card and have it activated?

Is this true?
Where do I get the SD card from?
How much is it?
Will any dealer authorise it?

Thanks in advance.
I paid £490 all in that was the SD card and for the dealer to activate it any dealer will do it but you may get a discount from the dealer you bought it off .at my dealer if you have a service plan you get 15 % discount on all parts and accessories so the card would be cheaper .

·
Registered
264 Posts
Had my sat nav fitted today very impressed. The sd card map pack numbers are : -
Code 8X0 060 884 D
Part No. 103 0414
Function/Activation kit : -
Code 8X0 063 192
Cannot find a part No.

this was posted by member [ repton 1978 ]if you try the search facility and put in sat nav it will take you to several posts regarding sat nav SD

·
Registered
111 Posts
In order to retrofit the sd-card sat-nav solution, is it required to have something called a "connectivity package"? I'm not sure if my car will have this, if not, maybe it will be impossible to buy the sd-card sat-nav solution in the future...?! :-(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone,
Just a thought as I have used the sd card version and to be frank it's not that good. It gives some directions way too late and you've passed the junction. It tells you to turn right when it's clearly left. Overall not impressed at all for the cost. A good Garmin or Tom Tom is a lot cheaper and actually better. just my observation before you spend too much money!

·
Registered
563 Posts
JayN said:
In order to retrofit the sd-card sat-nav solution, is it required to have something called a "connectivity package"? I'm not sure if my car will have this, if not, maybe it will be impossible to buy the sd-card sat-nav solution in the future...?! :-(
HiIn the UK all cars will except the SD Sat Nav, no connectivity pack is needed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Could it be that this is because all UK-delivered cars come with the connectivity package as standard?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have taken delivery of a 2 month old demo Q3. I had a satnav retro fitted as part of the deal. It doesn't look as user friendly as my old TomTom and it isn't immediately obvious ( to me anyway) how to input a destination post code. Can someone help me out on this please.
The car itself is a 2.0 Tdi Manual Quattro which is a real pleasure to drive.
Edited by: Daytonagrey

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with the comments made about the late guidance (after you have passed the junction) and also wrong information about the road eg saying turn left at the A580 when its turn right at the A581, so I too am disappointed at the poor guidance and additionally the maps are well out of date by up to 2 years which in my opinion is unacceptable as my old cheap £79 has later maps than this brand new SD version!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've never experienced the
“late guidance” issue. We have used the SD nav a lot in the last couple of
months on all classes of road and in a couple of cities. Each and every time the
guidance has been faultless. Timely and accurate with excellent traffic information.

The quality of the
mapping is at least as important if not more so than the age of the maps and
the Audi set seem very detailed and accurate.
Boot up time and satellite acquisition is almost instant. I guess you have
to accept that the maps from any supplier are out of date the day after they
are issued. Having said that 2 years seems long time – what is the update
period I wonder? I'd have to check but I'm sure the SD card packaging left in
our glove box was labelled 2013 if not 2014.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Nickkr,
I have 2014 on my SD card, so I have called Audi and they have told me that my car/ SD card may need a software upgrade to correct the problem.
I thought it didn't seem right that my old MIO Sat Nav was better than the integrated SD system and so will update on here when I get the car back.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Del said:
JayN said:
HiIn the UK all cars will except the SD Sat Nav, no connectivity pack is needed.
Sorry for digging an old thread. I have a 2013 Q3 2.0 TDi SE and have retrofitted RMC Nav Plus and GPS antenna and looking forward to activate navigation. Trying to make sure it will be enabled and not paying activation without working.
Do all cars in UK have RMC Nav plus with factory GPS antenna?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yes, all UK cars come pre wired for SD satnav. An activation code and the SD maps are bought as a pack but installation requires the dealer to hook up the car to Audi Germany and 'pair' the maps to the car so the SD card will only work with that car.In the UK, list price for the SD card and activation code is about £500 plus the labour charge for the installation

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I bought a 2014 Q3 from CarGiant on Saturday
No navigation but I was curious as to how much it was to add. I was just quoted a silly amount by an Audi dealership. Then I signed up to this site and saw your note.
I just wondered how much it would be to get EU Nav up and working in my car?
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
738 Posts
Wotcliffe said:
No navigation but I was curious as to how much it was to add. I was just quoted a silly amount by an Audi dealership. Then I signed up to this site and saw your note.
Thanks
Ian
I think you will need to PM CreweAudiParts, as whilst they get on the forum from time to time, if you need anything fro them, its much quicker to PM them

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Wotcliffe said:
Thanks
Ian
Hi IanNot sure if the offer is still available but if'old' maps were OK for you, WOM Automotive had a great deal earlier in the year - http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4125&PID=56322&title=sd-card-based-sat-nav-supply-install-for-220#56322

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ah thanks. OK. I was using an iphone screen int eh rain and got slightly confused by who I was sending that to!
I'll try again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts