Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Q3 sline and the rear doors have the child locks ON. I have looked at the book and turned the plastic lug in both directions but neither rear door will open from the inside. I have checked via the mmi but nothing there deactivates the rear doors. Might well be something simple that I am missing ? I have found a plastic lug with the image of a child on the inside of each rear door, inside of the lug shown in the book....I have taken off the plastic cover to expose a white plastic lug with two holes, which might be the item to turn, but I assume it requires an Audi tool to activate ? Any advice please.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The buttons on the side of the drivers door are how you activate the child locks on or off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your reply....my wife is currently out with the car, but on her return I will check the switches as shown....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi, Sorry but I don't have an answer to you question but I believe the switches shown above will only disable the window operation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
They do work for the doors - I use them often

·
Registered
140 Posts
So they do, they disable both the interior door release handle and the window switch for the corresponding door. I really should read the manual.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, having posted the original question, thank you Kew, switches shown in your photo worked perfectly to allow the doors and the windows to open perfectly.....and not to operate when my grandsons are in the back....job done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts