Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst the Q3 TFSIe is still not showing on the Audi UK configurator I have noticed that some of the larger dealer sites are now including it in their own configurators,e.g

It appears to be only available in s-line trim and above, starting at £42445 for the 45 TFSI e S-line Comfort+Sound Pack and rising to £49150 for the Vorsprung. Sportback versions are £1150 dearer. Pricing is close to the 45 tfsi.

Will be interested to get a test drive when it actually hits the showrooms. In particular I would want to see how the 1.4l petrol engine copes with the extra weight when the electric battery runs out of juice after about 20 miles. For me it just sounds too small an engine for this combination - time will tell.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree I’d want a bigger range in battery mode

also the delays in production due to chip and sim shortages could well account for the Audi configurator dropping the phev for the time being

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The current edition of Car has a detailed review of the Audi Q4. It is interesting and thought provoking.

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
I read the review too.

You just know that every successive model year will go further on a charge, charge faster and likely be a bit quicker. When a 450 mile range and comparable straight line performance to the RS is available it would be a whole lot more tempting.

The article draws attention to the fact that full fat Q7 derived E-Tron has barely any more interior space than the Q4, is slower in a 0-60 sprint and the WLTP range is 213 miles whereas the Q4 is 300+, relentless progress of EV technologies is never more evident.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you think you’d go for something like an RSQ4 John if they did one (or should that be when they do one) or would the standard ev power suffice?

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
At some point in the future, yes, that's a possibility. I intend to keep the current RS long term, my concern over all EVs is the lack of aural drama. It's a feature of current RS ownership and something that was just 'quick' but didn't bring much else to the party would, ultimately, be a bit dull - that is our future though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts