Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a re-post to make it easier for members to find the ordering information...

This
design has been used to produce a "static cling" sticker 100mm wide x
65mm high with a white background. This is small by sticker standards
but is designed to sit in the space vacated by the tax disc. Members
with privacy glass may prefer to put it there as I'm not sure how
visible a sticker would be through the (tinted) rear window.

I've done a rough costing and reckon I can produce the initial run of
100 for a total all-up cost to members of £2.00 each including P &
P. This will cover everything including artwork charges, stationery
etc. I'm not looking to make anything on this, just cover all the
costs, and if demand increases then future runs will be cheaper due to
the proverbial economies of scale.

If you lot are OK with this,
please PM me your orders. Payment will be either by direct bank
transfer or posting a cheque at time of order and I'll PM you details
when you order - I don't want to put too much real-life information onto
a public forum (I don't do Facebook either!) but don't mind doing it
this way if OK by the rest of you.

Since the original costings were done I've discovered that the original supplier was dodgy and had to re-source. The cost is significantly higher but I can still keep the price @ £2.00 each all up.

Please be aware that I'm on holiday for the last 10 days-ish in April 2015 so expect a slight hiatus at that point.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: I've just had an order placed for two to be sent to Austria. Having checked the posting costs it looks like I can send to most countries in the EU for an extra £1.00 per order, so if anyone in the mainland EU wants some, just add an extra quid to the total order and I'll oblige. I'll probably get some funny looks from the miserable old sod who runs our local Post Office but what the **** - he's from the other side of the friggin' globe himself....

30 sold so far, of the original order quantity of 100. Keep 'em coming...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good work GromitI would like one pleaseBest regardsOastcowl

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK Oastcowl, please check your PMs for details.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!</font>

Pardon the alarming nature of the above - I'm absolutely steaming.

I've finally discovered that the printing company - stickerprinting.co.uk - is a very convincing bogus operation and I'm fighting them for my money back as we speak. Thankfully I paid by credit card (as I always do for remote transactions) and have had the payment frozen. I won't bore you with the full saga right now - frankly I'm too angry to type it up in my usual ironic style - but once this is over I'll regale you with all the gory details. Meantime, avoid these bastards like the plague.

This is the second supplier I've tried - thankfully I discovered the first one to be a wunch of bankers (anag.) before I placed the order.

However, all is not lost. Having got this far I'm damned if I'm giving up on it and have found and investigated a third supplier. This one will please all those members located north of Potters Bar in that it's a Yorkshire based company - edgestickers.co.uk. They check out well (needless to say I've spent some time looking into them) and thanks to help from the lovely Katie I'm ordering from them at this moment. As she said, I should have ordered from a Yorshirewoman in the first place...

I'm told to expect an order turnround time of 2-3 weeks but they will expedite it if they possibly can. Meantime please bear with me (I'm beginning to wish I hadn't started this) and I'll get them out to you as soon as possible. As previously stated I'll sit on the cheques and freeze the bank payments until the goods actually arrive.

I'll email a link to this thread to the lovely Katie at Edge Stickers so that she can see where her efforts are going.

I'll keep you updated as things progress, meantime if you'll excuse me I'm suffering from coffee withdrawal and a persistent attack of Eastern arseholes.

(wanders off, muttering dark threats to certain Eastern scammers)

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Yorkshireness supplier?

You do of course realise the consequences of this decision?

Reactions: simonali

·
1,100 Posts
To be fair, that's a better sticker than before.

Cut vinyl would be better than static cling, especially on a big white background.

·
Registered
630 Posts
More than usual, you mean?

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, great - you do realise that any chance of an expedited order has now gone down the tubes, don't you? When Katie reads this, Bb's going to wake up with a crowd round him...

P.S.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I speak the language and will sort out any misunderstanding from my mother land. And I need two! stickers that is.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK Yorky - details are on the way in a PM to you.

NickNickNickNick...
</font>

All further off-topic comments moved to separate thread entitled "Country Assassination".

You're welcome.

Signed, the Topic Police.

</font>

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gromit I will pop a cheque in the post and thank you for sorting the stickers.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Done - check your PMs.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE: I've just received and approved the proofs (which look great) and they'll be passed to production on Monday. I'm on holiday from Wednesday through to late the following week but hope to see them on or soon after my return.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
My stickers will of course contain the little chap of obvious Yorkshire extraction? No and why not exactly, what was the lady's name Katie I will have speak to her. Joking a side BB how do you do that? The sticker I mean. Gromit my cheque posted yesterday ok.Edited by: Yorky

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
A lifetime of buggering around with the Blac.......err.......Graphic Arts profession.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Very precise and informed explanation thanks

1 - 20 of 255 Posts