Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having both been retired now for three years, we have decided to down size from two cars, due to lack of use of both- an Audi A6 and a Mini Countryman 4x4, and after a lot of research, today we placed our order for a new Q3.Q3 - S-line 2.0 TDi 6 speed manual quattro;options added are,Daytona Grey pearl effect, 19 inch x 8.5inch J double spoke alloys,Audi drive select, Audi parking system plus,Comfort package, Heated front seats, LED interior ligh package,Door mirrors - electrically addjust, heated and folding,Black privacy glass, Storage package, Luggage compartment package,Space saver spare wheel, MMI technology package.Delivery possibly first week of September 2012.Took out an S-Line quattro for an extended drive and enjoyed it very much.Looking forward to September.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi there sounds lke a nice spec car , thats a good delivery date they have quoted , although more people on here seem to be getting there cars now so maybe audi have got there act together at last .

·
Registered
485 Posts
Our SE TDI 177 was ordered in January and the delivery date has moved back 1 week to week 30, so a September delivery.
It appears that all the s-lines are coming through quicker. Has anybody with the SE TDI 177 had the date brought forwards?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My build date was originally week 43 but my dealer phoned me yesterday and confirmed that it is in production! audi had a delay with stronic gearboxes cuz they have stock! but they are building now like fire! ordered the 177 s-tronic quatro glacier white!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the delivery date of September is because the car was already on order from the Factory in basic S-Line form, for the showroom / dealer stock; when we went in yesterday with our saved pdf file / spec, all they did was go on-line and add the spec to their already ordered car, and it accepted the additions and gave back the build / delivery date of September......so by the looks of it, we just happened to go in to our Dealer at the right time and struck lucky ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went back in today and also added a 4th year manufacturer warranty for £325 - which seemed a good idea; keep the car for 4 years and it is covered: sell it before and it counts in the trade-in valueas the Dealer can transfer it rather than putting on a used car warr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I visited my Dealership just at right time also, as a customer had they had just cancelled an order the day I went into Dealership to order my car, luckily it was exactly what I wanted, and I picked it up yesterday, just over 2 weeks from ordering. Really pleased with my new purchase.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
excellent result
enjoy and let us know how you get on with your new car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
irvine44 said:
the delivery date of September is because the car was already on order from the Factory in basic S-Line form, for the showroom / dealer stock; when we went in yesterday with our saved pdf file / spec, all they did was go on-line and add the spec to their already ordered car, and it accepted the additions and gave back the build / delivery date of September......so by the looks of it, we just happened to go in to our Dealer at the right time and struck lucky ?
This happened to me too - I ordered mine on 6/6/12 and it will be delivered in September
. The spec is as follows:
SE 2.0 TFSI Quatro 170 PS 6 Speed, Amalfi white, full paint finish, parking plus pack, non smoking pack, Folding electric mirrors, Tyre pressure system, Space Saver tyre & reversible luggage option. I went for the petrol version as I only do short journeys and low mileage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally ordered Q3 a year ago but got so fed up with delays that got seduced into taking A6 with great dealer discount instead.I have been driving on SLine TDI for 6 months. Great car great drive but made massive mistake by putting on giant 20" wheels which made for bumpy spine rattling ride.... Also just not practical with dogs and no hatch.. With heavy heart and hole in my wallet went into dealer and swapping for Q3 SLine 140 on 18" wheels due in September (cancelled order) Very excited at prospect of finally getting my Q3.. My learning from this to share? Do not opt for great big wheels; they look great but wil loosen your fillings and ruin your MPG. Roll on Septembet

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked out reply / post with interest and pleased that you have eventually got into the car you orginally wanted - a Q3. I too have owned the latest A6 - 2.0 TDi S-Line, but as my orginal post stated, through lack of use, we sold the A6 and our Mini 4x4 and have gone down to one car; a Q3 and we have opted for 19 inch wheels, so I was interested in your comment about 'large' wheels. To say that putting bigger wheels on a Q3 will alter the ride quality, might be correct when you base it on another Q3 with standard rims, but to give an example of coming from an A6 with 20 inch wheels does not stack up. A Q3 weighs in at approximately 1550 kg; an A6 comes in at nearly 2200kg - a significant weight dfference which when driving an A6 on 20 inch rims would certainly make an A6 much stiffer and harder on the road. But at least you are soon to be into your Q3 and back to a more pleasing ride - and two dogs in the back on an A6 ?? - I hope you had the Avant model !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for comments, all very interesting. We still have a second car, an 07 VW Fox as the female car of the house. Will move good lady onto A1 eventually. As I said finally getting car I wanted... Let's be honest the year in an A6 was hardly slimming it so can't complain but Q3 is just more me. The dogs were banned from the A6 (saloon)and only travelled in the Fox!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The A6 is never 2200kg. Its about 1780kg depending on the model

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I take your point regarding the weight of an A6 and stand corrected,and if you look up on Audi's web site the figures regarding weights of an A6, you are correct that an A6's unladen weight is around 1780kg, but this figure is void of any additional options that may be fitted to the car; void of any passenger and luggage limits, etc., etc. The cars gross weight limit - which is the total weight including possible additions from the manufacturer, passengers limits, luggage limits etc., is 2400kg. Yes in standard trim you are perfectly correct that my estimate of weight was wrong, but averaging these figures out, still would possibly take a normal A6 tocome in at around 1900 kg- 2000 kg which when fitted with 20 inch alloys, as mentioned in the previous posting, would make for a harder,in his case, a more uncomfortable ride. But there again, the initial posting was regarding Q3's, not 20 inch alloys / ride comfort of an A6.Regards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
apparently my new car has left the factory; it has even managed the boat trip over to the UK, and now it is on its way up to Aberdeen for its PDI. Delivery appointment has been made for Monday the 3rd September at 3:00pm - German efficiency.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts