Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have been offered a good deal on a MY14 Q3 2.0tdi 140ps S-tronic Quattro S line. The 140ps version is a new option in S tronic quattro for MY14. I cant find any performance figures for this combination, but I guess won't be too far from the manual version. .However, I have some reservations about a couple of things:
Will the 140ps hack it? I'm mostly a town driver with occasional long journeys. I am also not a racer, but don't want to feel compromised when pulling away at junctions and overtaking.
Day to day driving . How does the Audi S tronic compare to other autos like the Mercedes 7G or Lexus? ( I have quite alot of experience of driving a Lexus auto with paddle shift)
My wife tells me I worry too much

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
She's dead right mate.

The S-Tronic 'box is an amazing piece of kit. The twin dry-plate clutch design means there's no more power loss than a manual box and if anything it's very slightly faster than the manual, simply because of pre-selection and the computer being capable of reacting faster than a human driver.

Both my Audis (my Q3 and Herself's A3) are S-Tronic and are both an absolute joy to drive - You won't be disappointed, I'm sure.

I haven't driven a 140bhp but can tell you that the 170bhp has plenty of power to spare and basically it's the same engine. I don't think Audi would have offered it if there was a power problem.

I can't compare it with either Mercedes or Lexus but can tell you that it compares very favourably with the Jaguar XF - the diesel engines are better developed and the auto. box is definitely way better.

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
613 Posts
The 140 has plenty enough power in my opinion - although admittedly the fwd hasn't got all the weight of the Quattro drivetrain etc.

I've neverhad the "will it, won't it" moment when overtaking - but then that's down to driving style and planning - At the end of the day it's an SUV, and isn't designed for a Formula-1 style take-off, or rally-cross cornering,although it can still show a clean pair of heels to some of the boy racer Saxo and Focus's that I have encountered

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have no problem with my 140 4wd horses...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts