Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the bad weather, I decided it was time to order mud flaps for my Q3. I contacted my local dealership, and was quoted £203
for the flaps and fitting & VAT. luckily I had this in writing, as when I actually came to ordering they tried to charge me £230
when challenged the dealership agreed the lower price if £203.

So this morning I took my car to the dealership, whilst waiting for the flaps to be fitted, i made use of the time to look at all the other great looking audi cars in the showroom, drank their free coffee, and picked up the Audi Q3 accessories guide price.

To my surprise I saw that the guide quoted £177 for the same mud flaps inc fitting& VAT. When I came to settle the bill, you should of seen the service manager's face when I showed him the guide price, and suggested that he should match it...priceless

He tried to make excuses but he did reluctantly agreed the quote of £177, blaming the marketing department

Not bad effort on my part, got them down from £230 to £177. As a big supermarket says "every little bit helps"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Excellent news, feels good when that happens. Sounds like a nice meal out tonight then with the savings you've made.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If your happy to fit them yourself, you can pick them up even cheaper. Just got front and rears for £108 from Audi dealer in Scotland. This included free postage. I Have seen a set of four for as low as £70 on ebay, although these were not from an Audi dealer, but appeared to be the genuine item.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Purchased mine from ebay. Just over £70 including postage. Genuine articles, fully boxed up and genuine. Fitted them myself. They do keep the car so much cleaner for us that drive on mucky roads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds good. Not got our Q3 yet - what's involved in fitting please?Any drilling of the bodywork? Are instructions included? Many thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys
Any chance of some photos with the mudflaps fitted please? These could the Xmas present my wife's been waiting for! It's her car after all; and I can't think of anything else to get her.
Thanks, in anticipation.

·
Registered
264 Posts
amccann said:
Guys
Any chance of some photos with the mudflaps fitted please? These could the Xmas present my wife's been waiting for! It's her car after all; and I can't think of anything else to get her.
Thanks, in anticipation.
if you go into Q3 gallery page 3 scroll down to daytona's phantom black you will see a couple of photos of the mudflaps fitted to my car hope this helps

·
Registered
59 Posts
amccann said:
Guys
Thanks, in anticipation.
I think you may be sleeping in the car if you get your wife mud flaps for Christmas!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dinkum said:
amccann said:
Guys
Thanks, in anticipation.
I think you may be sleeping in the car if you get your wife mud flaps for Christmas!

·
Registered
485 Posts
The Q3 in those pictures is displaying an S-line badge. If it is an S- line I am sure some of you will want to know where the mud flaps came from. Or- is the S-line exterior trim different to that here in the UK.
Maybe somebody has just stuck an S-line badge on it!

Edited by: SETIG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Many thanks guys.
Your quick responses and pics muchappreciated. Madam wasn't too enamoured with my Xmas present idea; but I know how to make it up to her..............................I'll fit the flaps myself rather than letting her do it!! That should work!

·
Registered
59 Posts
SETIG said:
The Q3 in those pictures is displaying an S-line badge. If it is an S- line I am sure some of you will want to know where the mud flaps came from. Or- is the S-line exterior trim different to that here in the UK.
I've always got the impression that the S-Line wasn't 'suitable' because the mud flaps weren't colour coded to the car as the wheel arch trim is. To be fair, I don't mind black mud flaps if it keeps the car cleaner.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dinkum said:
SETIG said:
I've always got the impression that the S-Line wasn't 'suitable' because the mud flaps weren't colour coded to the car as the wheel arch trim is. To be fair, I don't mind black mud flaps if it keeps the car cleaner.
I thought, although I don't have anything to back it up that they didn't fit because of the wheel arches, if the only reason they aren't available is that they aren't colour coded I would fit them to cut down on all the grime on the country/"unsuitable for motors" roads near my parents.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts