Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
It is possible to turn the centre screen off - so if you press the display in the top left-hand corner does it come back on again?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi John. Unfortunately not. The screen still accepts the (hidden button) by means of giving an audible "beep" but no screen.

I must point out that it's now intermittent- works some days and not others.

But this issue has been pointed out to the garage for months now, and they state that Audi don't have a fix for this issue at the moment.....it could take up to a year!!!!

In the meantime, feel free to drive around as normal, but without any satnav, no possible ways to connect my new phone by Bluetooth (cant type my password onto a blank screen)

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Goodness.

How long have you had the car? You'd be a good candidate to reject he vehicle - not fit for purpose.

Have you engaged with Audi Customer Services?
Customer Services = 0800 699 888

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm. Closed on Bank Holidays.

You can instruct Sat Nav using voice commands:

"Drive to [destination]"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi John, I've had the Q3 since March this year. It's been reported to the dealer and theyve even had it in the garage for a day, only to turn around and say they have no fix for it...even Audi in Germany are "working" on a fix..

Apparently these fixes are logged into the system and then actioned it annual quarters. This issue isn't in the system as yet, so its not going to be within the foreseeable months!

So in the meantime, i have a car that may or may not allow me to use satnav, use handsfree use Bluetooth etc. Depending on if it decides to work.

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Audi dealers vary immensely - to be straight with you the answer you have received sounds like it maybe lacking some perception of the truth. The dealers walk a tricky line with Audi UK - sounds like a replacement screen would be in order if it works intermittently. The dealer is probably fearful of submitting the screen for a warranty claim only to have it rejected as 'OK on test' which is possible given the symptoms you have described.

It is hard sometimes to be firm with a dealer's service staff as they are often decent people however the inescapable fact is that you have a £40k+ car with a serious fault. I'd be asking why your Q3 is afflicted with this issue and others are not - none on this or any other forum that I'm aware of. Speak to Audi CS, get a name - they will liaise with the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Maybe checking below fuses specifically no 10 it says display not sure just plug it out inspect and push back.
More experienced members can further shed some light.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Urban design

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Design

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks John. Just finishing at the dealership now, and yet again they are saying that Audi don't have a fix for it ...ironically their service manager has the same problem...the screen every now and then goes blank and it then says "initialising" for about 10 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
I'd be asking for an equivalent loan car RussB - there is an enhanced incentive to find a solution when the customer is running around in an asset.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts