Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone know if the boot hooks inside the boot to hook shopping onto etc can be purchased. Took a bag off one today and didn't realise it had come away inside and was still attached to my bag when I heard this plastic thing hit the floor in tescos and thought what's that and just booted it lol. It is detachable from the boot and flimsy but now there's a gap there. I'm sure being audi it'll still be like £15 for a tiny bit of plastic. I wouldn't bother replacing but it's a lease car and tbh I do use it or maybe a breakers will have one if the previous generation ones are the same

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Can't really check for you as there is no on line parts book info for 20 reg models, but for older versions the hook is available as a spare part. It's quite possible the old and new hooks are both the same and as a starter here's an 'old' sample off ebay
The back face shows the part number - 8V0 863 523 so to cross check it's compatible, remove your broken one and compare part nos. (Think it just a case of - push in with slight pressure then a quarter turn to release)
Before looking for a S/H part it's always worth checking the new price with your local dealer or try Tom at Crewe Audi Parts - Contact details in this old post - Grill inserts

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks anyway but it's nothing like that one. This is really really small and snaps into the gap thats now left behind. It should be really cheap but I'll see what a dealer says Monday. Its worth nothing. Its just a tiny bit of L shaped plastic that snaps into a gap in thoery. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts
Surely if it's the latest model Q3 it'll be covered under warranty? Worth a try, at least.

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A part that comes off because you've accidentally pulled it off and lost it won't be. It's not faulty so highly unlikely

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Poor quality design? The 8U versions don't drop off - I'd go and grumble.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[email protected] tbh they are obviously designed though to come away rather than snap off with a heavy bag on it but for a German car v poor. My fault though I didn't realise it was the hook when it fell off the shopping bag then just kicked it:confused:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You can't be the only one mikeyP though - I think the hooks are referred as to as 'Curry Hooks' so probably not intended for HD action.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imo fir a 35k car with options they're pony hooks. Had better in cheaper car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts