Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few images of the new vehicle. Trius wheels look better than I hoped they would. Apologies for not straightening the steering wheel.
Very few Q3s in this part of the world.
Heritage

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
That is beautiful, especially the interior. There are so few around with the titanium interior - it really makes one **** of a difference to the looks of the beast. So many of them are boring black (no offense to those who chose it) which - whilst no doubt ultra trendy - makes the interior so dark and gloomy.

Those wheels look pretty good, too. What's the full spec.?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A slightly better shot of the interior.
I have trouble with modern cars with the current obsession with interior alloys. I think it's the memories of fitting extra switches and gauges in the 1960s.
Picking the spec was based around comfort. Standard size wheels, no sports seats which put the Sline out of the equation. Choosing the exterior colour was difficult with such a poor selection, I think it's a cynical ploy to temp you towards the far more expensive options. Not being a great car cleaner nowdays it couldn' be Black or Colbalt Blue and having traded a silver BMW in wanted a change, so Monsoon Grey it was.

SE TDI 177 Quattro stronic Monsoon Grey, full paint/Grey leather
interior with walnut trim, Trias wheels, cruise, Drive select, Xenon
lights, front parking sensors, folding mirrors. folding front passenger seat, tyre monitor and advanced key.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks very nice. I did think about the lighter interior, then looked at the 2 kids and the dog and though better of it...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice exterior and interior colors.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Same colour inside and out as mine. We have cloth seats and the dealer did the full autoglym treatment on ours FOC (and without my knowledge) explaining that she thought the seats may look grubby fairly soon and wanted it to stay looking new.

12 months old and it stills has that new car smell inside.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i like the combination the Trius wheels look good as well

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I might be tempted on a lighter interior next time, your combination is spot on and proves there is a real alternative to the standard dark interiors

·
Registered
613 Posts
Lighter interior and wood trim - good choices!

I am pleased to report that without any major cleansing or pre-treatment, mybeige (truffle?/Capuccino? something like that...)leather seats have lasted well - just a few marks on the lighter plastics around the base of the seat, but nothing major for the age and mileage (16 Months/31k)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Its good to read you comments Jules as we seem to be the only forum members with that beige interior. Some up to date photos would be welcome because I am still waiting for mine and as you can see i am becoming a saddo reading old posts!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Saddo? SADDO?? Definitely NOT - this forum is an absolute goldmine of useful information. Very often answers to frequently asked questions and very useful tips can be found here. I found out a huge amount before I even joined.

You keep reading!

Just out of interest, if you scan through the Gallery you should find several other Q3s with beige upholstery. I've always been of the opinion that light interior colours are a vast improvement on the traditional and oft-used black.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Gromit....I've just posted a pic of mine which has chennai brown nappa leather...I didn't pick this the car was a cancelled order that I bought at a discount price. I probably would have picked black, but this combination looks great!Edited by: Girl racer

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's why I'm a sad do. I have gone through every gallery post, yes every one. And only seen a couple of beige interiors. I think gromit exaggerates. Girl racer where are your pics?

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Exaggerate? Moi? I'll have you know, madam, that I'm a purebred English gentledog - a breed more given to understatement than overstatement...

...mind you, it all depends on one's definition of "several".

·
Registered
301 Posts
i stopped with the dark interior because of the bright orange outside. I do like the brown color and the tan will look great with that might get that next time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm sure I could feed your thirst for knowledge Caribou... Is there anything in particular you'd like to know? Still loving the lighter interior, pretty much unmarked - and I'm 21 months into owning it.
Still comfortable, still the only one in the work car park, still giving over 55 to the Gallon... The only gripe I have is that I want the boot to be bigger!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I also have the light grey leather interior, with a Sphere Blue exterior. Also have the larch wood trim, but in reality it is black, not brown. Would be interested if anyone elsehas larch wood, and what they think of it.

I echo everyone else's view that a light grey interior really lifts the car, but it is impractical. The upside is that because one can see the dirt more quickly, you tend to clean it more often. With a black interior, it accumulates just as much dirt (obviously!) but because you don't see it, you don't tend to clean it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
rontheman said:
I also have the light grey leather interior, with a Sphere Blue exterior. Also have the larch wood trim, but in reality it is black, not brown. Would be interested if anyone else has larch wood, and what they think of it.

I echo everyone else's view that a light grey interior really lifts the car, but it is impractical. The upside is that because one can see the dirt more quickly, you tend to clean it more often. With a black interior, it accumulates just as much dirt (obviously!) but because you don't see it, you don't tend to clean it.
Best bit of S-line interior, you can ignore the dirt!!

I can still judge the interior, by the state of the compartment below climate control, they should make cleaning cloths out of that material, it attracts dirt and won't let it go. A valeter just used a hover (vacuum cleaner for non-uk) on it, and ended up scratching it, not happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts