Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends, I live in Australia and I am new to this forum. I have booked my Audi Q3 Quattro TFSI(125Kw) and am eagerly awaiting for it's delivery. It's a Phantom black and I have opted the Technik Package.I am planning to upgraded the Standard tyres and alloys (235/55/17) to a low profile one (255/40/19) but I am a bit confused. I have posted this in the main message center. So if you get a chance, please share your valuable thoughts and suggestions. CheersJits

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.Is your car awaiting delivery soon or still 'being built'The low profile tyres are an additional option (and costly) one. They're generally an option on the S line or Offroad package. You're looking at a couple of thousand dollars! Not to mention replacement 19" tyres are approx. double the cost of 17" tyres (e.g. $600 for a quality tyre).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tanalasta!
I have already booked my car and I am awaiting delivery. It's a Phantom black with the Technik package. I was confused as to whether the ride quality will be dodgy, if go for the 19" low profile tyres . I talked to a few people around and also got some info from the internet.
Hence I have decided to change my tyres and rim to a 255/45/18 and 18" respectively. It works out be cheaper if it's purchased outside. I don't want to go too low on the profile since I have a small child and want my family to enjoy a smooth ride. Also my wife has to be convinced that it was a right choice to go for the Q3 even though there were cheaper brands available.
.But i also wanted to get that cool looks with the big tyres and rims. So I thought the 255/45/18 will be a bit smoother than the 255/40/19. .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Another Aussie here, I have 18's and S-Line suspension and the ride is firm but very comfortable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Suparockin! NO more confusions. I am going for the 255/45/18 spec.
Will post the pictures soon!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi JITHPILL,Congrats on finding the forum,and welcome

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congratulations!
Mine arrived at dealer today and will pick up early next week, also from Australia :)Edited by: xssiiv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts