Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - all the great reviews and comments here on the Q3 meant I couldn't resist any longer. With advice from the Forum on a guide price I went to Birmingham Listers today, had a test drive, and ordered a Q3 as listed below in my signature. There is no dealer contribution on Solutions any more and so I went armed with a drivethedeal price (10% discount) and info from forum members too indicating 9% is possible.
I was able to get 9% and so a discount of about £3100 off the Audi dealer otr price. Very chuffed.
Delivery is stated provisionally as late October/early November.
Thanks for all the advice from members.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiWelcome to the forum.That's a good discount on a nicely specced car, you might want to reconsider the phone prep as it's not needed as all Q3's come with bluetooth as standard.

·
Registered
485 Posts
A welcome from me as well

Just in time for winter as well- enjoy!!

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Nice spec. - nice deal, too. Well done!

·
Registered
518 Posts
The mobile prep high provides access to online services, and is superb!!. This means one can get Google Earth nav maps (pretty, but not much help in reality, quite the opposite, in fact), real time Inrix-sourced travel information (absolutely superb and, in my view, priceless - similar to Waze), destination search via Google (excellent!), info on local fuel prices, car park space availability, local points of interest, real time weather forecasts etc. Audi are constantly adding to this functionality. Oh, and you can also create a hot spot inside the car for Ipads or other tablets, create routes at home and upload to your car etc etc. I think mobile prep high is very under rated, and under marketed. Do I sound like an Audi advert, or is it that I am just an unashamedtechnophobe (vorsprung durch technik etc)?I have Bluetooth high, and I think it is one of the best options (alongside keyless entry). Wouldn't be without it. Many other manufacturers now offer online services.HOWEVER, make sure you have a compatible mobile phone with SIM access profile. Most new Android phones have this (I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2), but Iphones do not!!. I don't know about Windows mobile or Blackberry, so check if this is your phone.You can make use of a separate sim card, but this is a real pain as it means you cannot use your normal phone as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Del said:
HiWelcome to the forum.That's a good discount on a nicely specced car, you might want to reconsider the phone prep as it's not needed as all Q3's come with bluetooth as standard.
Hi Del

Via the car connection I use Google Earth for sat nav and laptop connection for my wife when we're travelling. I believe I need mobile phone high prep for these functions.

There's Audi Connect too but I'm aware this is pretty rubbish.

Thanks for the welcome.

Eddie

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rontheman said:
The mobile prep high provides access to online services, and is superb!!. This means one can get Google Earth nav maps (pretty, but not much help in reality, quite the opposite, in fact), real time Inrix-sourced travel information (absolutely superb and, in my view, priceless - similar to Waze), destination search via Google (excellent!), info on local fuel prices, car park space availability, local points of interest, real time weather forecasts etc. Audi are constantly adding to this functionality. Oh, and you can also create a hot spot inside the car for Ipads or other tablets, create routes at home and upload to your car  etc etc. I think mobile prep high is very under rated, and under marketed. Do I sound like an Audi advert, or is it that I am just an unashamed technophobe (vorsprung durch technik etc)? I have Bluetooth high, and I think it is one of the best options (alongside keyless entry). Wouldn't be without it. Many other manufacturers now offer online services. HOWEVER, make sure you have a compatible mobile phone with SIM access profile. Most new Android phones have this (I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2), but Iphones do not!!. I don't know about Windows mobile or Blackberry, so check if this is your phone.You can make use of a separate sim card, but this is a real pain as it means you cannot use your normal phone as well.
Thanks, rontheman. A much fuller reply than the one I sent to Del! I have a Samsung S4 and that will work fine.

Eddie

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just heard it's build week 42, late November.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts