Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm currently considering a Q3 as a possible replacement for my current car (Audi TT) as well as a couple of other models. (A3 sportback/A4 avant). I'm after something a bit more practical as I scuba dive for a hobby. I did manage to fit all my gear in a TT, but it was a bit of a squeeze. A couple of options that I like about the Q3 are

1. the reversible boot floor - can just turn it over for a hard plastic when go diving - easy to clean!
2. Due to higher ride height, can comfortably sit on back whilst kitting up!
3. The larger boot (well compared to a TT!) means I can carry all my gear without having to drop the back seats (unless I'm transporting another person & gear!)

I'm arranging a days test drive to assess these, but thought I would ask a couple of questions here first...

- does anyone here dive/use a Q3 as a dive car? If so is it anygood?
- what kind of discounts have you been able to acheive from the stealers? (using online brokers i.e orangewheels as a negotiating tool etc?)
- Is there a noticeable difference between the 177/140hp?

Thanks in advance

SMK82

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Have a look through this thread for discount information and tips...

http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/how-much-discount-did-you-get_topic322.html

I've found that drivethedeal.com gives better prices than orangewheels if you're looking for a stick to beat the dealer with, but either are useful.

The 177hp diesel gives very nice performance, but I wouldn't recommend you go for the 140hp unless (a) economy is of paramount importance, and (b) you're happy to forgo 4WD.

I wouldn't use it for diving though - it's only got a maximum wading depth of 70cm...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol:.. theres always a comedian.. I'm considering it for the reasons mentioned, more for the kit up ease/access/std plastic boot floor etc. Thanks for the thread link, I'll have a look. Thing is I do maybe 50-60 dives a year in the UK, which at 2 dives a day is only about a month (for it being used as such), thus the thinking of something this size, rather than say a Q5 or equivalent SUV or a large estate. I don't need the size all the time (no kids/dog etc?!) Good to know about the 177. I would like the quattro again (my TT is quattro), but depends on budget - I know that they do a 2WD 177 version for the new model year..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gromit said:
The 177hp diesel gives very nice performance, but I wouldn't recommend you go for the 140hp unless (a) economy is of paramount importance, and (b) you're happy to forgo 4WD.
Gromit, the 140hp comes in 4WD too. I've got one coming this month!

Having a 136hp Ford Kuga diesel previously I just kept with the 140hp engine as I had no problems with the performance of the Kuga for the last 2.5 years.

Edited by: Phill-uk

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I can certainly confirm that, been driving about in my 140hp quattro for the last 9 months

I see they do the higher powered diesel in manual this year, that's what i would go for next time. When you reverse the boot floor smk84 the plastic underside has a lip all round it to stop any water. Might be of use for your scuba gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts