Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my S Line 3 weeks ago and they tell me I won't take delivery until 30th March 2012.I'm also interested that some members appear to have obtained a discount? Can you give me more detail please, my dealership informed me that because this is a new model definetly no discounts from Audi.I need someammunition for when Ireturn the dealership. Thanks in advance guy's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think there are discounts to be had on the odd spec cars that are available as they are difficult to shift. If you are ordering a car to your spec and using up their few allocated build slots I think you will be lucky to get a discount.

While I was collecting mine my dealer sold two q3's, I think demand is out stripping supply, very much like Q5.

GB

·
Registered
21 Posts
I obtained a cira 6% discount on my custom spec 2 ltr D SE with Zenon's, Leather and heated seats etc from Derby Audi.

A good place is to look what the new car brokers are offering on line.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You certainly should have got a discount but it's probably too late if you have ordered. I got 11% by using the brokering service "carwow" I have also used "drivethedeal" in the past. Carwow works well because the dealer contacts you directly with the offer so you can see how far you will have to travel - in my case 40 miles. I contacted my local dealer with the offer but they didn't even reply so happy to travel the 40 miles.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gazza said:
.... my dealership informed me that because this is a new model definetly no discounts from Audi. I need some ammunition for when I return the dealership. Thanks in advance guy's.
Get a couple of competitivewritten quotes. 3 grand off our order on producing them for our dealer despite it being "absolutely impossible " to go above £1000 discount originally..... and we got the Autoglym treatment thrown in for free.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Gazza, as the other members have confirmed, your dealer salesdroid is talking fluent ****. As you'll see from other threads, gettiing round the usual pompous "we don't discount" BS is dead easy.

1) Do your homework. Get written quotes from sites like drivethedeal.com on the exact spec. you're looking for and take the paperwork with you to the dealer. Ditto valuations on your trade-in if you have one.

2) Decide how much you're genuinely prepared to pay and how you're going to finance it.

3) Go and see them with plenty of time on your hands. Be polite but immoveably firm. Tell the 'droid you have a figure you want to pay, back it up with the above paperwork and say something like "If we can agree on £xx,xxx right now I'm prepared to sign the order and give you the deposit right now. If we can't agree there are other dealers who will, as you see." - then sit back, drink their excellent coffee and wait. It puts the onus on them to find a way of meeting your figure, not the other way round. and you can be sure they'll do everything they can to avoid losing a sale.

It is quite likely you'll have to give just a little more, but be prepared for that. If you can't agree a price, walk away from it - you can always go back later if you wish - but be sure you leave them your phone number. trust me, this method (and others similar to it) works every time. It got me discounts to the tune of £2700 on my £30K Q3 from a dealer who told me initially that they didn't do discount.

Oh yes they do....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gromit said:
Gazza, as the other members have confirmed, your dealer salesdroid is talking fluent ****. As you'll see from other threads, gettiing round the usual pompous "we don't discount" BS is dead easy.

1) Do your homework. Get written quotes from sites like drivethedeal.com on the exact spec. you're looking for and take the paperwork with you to the dealer. Ditto valuations on your trade-in if you have one.

2) Decide how much you're genuinely prepared to pay and how you're going to finance it.

3) Go and see them with plenty of time on your hands. Be polite but immoveably firm. Tell the 'droid you have a figure you want to pay, back it up with the above paperwork and say something like "If we can agree on £xx,xxx right now I'm prepared to sign the order and give you the deposit right now. If we can't agree there are other dealers who will, as you see." - then sit back, drink their excellent coffee and wait. It puts the onus on them to find a way of meeting your figure, not the other way round. and you can be sure they'll do everything they can to avoid losing a sale.

It is quite likely you'll have to give just a little more, but be prepared for that. If you can't agree a price, walk away from it - you can always go back later if you wish - but be sure you leave them your phone number. trust me, this method (and others similar to it) works every time. It got me discounts to the tune of £2700 on my £30K Q3 from a dealer who told me initially that they didn't do discount.

Oh yes they do....
Oh no they don't ..... well, not until you show the specced quote. I used the Audi website "build your own", sent it to the broker, got their price confirmed and beat my local Audi shop over the head with it. Saved just under £3k on almost £30k spec. My only error was to stay with the regular headlights. They're cr-p!

·
Registered
518 Posts
But isn't that exactly what Gromit is saying, ie get a specced quote (his point 1)and show it to the dealer? Worked for him, and seemingly worked for you too!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
twoaudis said:
Gromit said:
Oh yes they do....
Oh no they don't .....
Oh yes they do ..... (I just LOVE the Pantomime season)

twoaudis said:
My only error was to stay with the regular headlights. They're cr-p!
You don't know what REAL cr-p headlights are until you've driven a Jaguar X-Type at night - trust me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm going to the local VAG handler here in Germany who sorted my Golf4 headlamps many years ago. They were cr-p too until he fitted new bulbs. Maybe Xenon retrofits..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts