Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks just joined this forum after ordering a new Q3. Its a 177 SE Stronic and the delivery time will be 5! months, 3 1/2 months until its built then another 6weeks to deliver. Seems excessive to me is this common?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations on your order and welcome to the club!!

Its common for audi dealers to give a long date. When I ordered mine in May, I was give late september but my Audi is already built and woudl be ready for me to pick up in 2 weeks time. Same happened to many folks in this forum. You can expect to collect it atleast a month or two before the said date.

Cheer!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You Sdadi, they've given me a BUILD week in mid October' but fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
I think it depends on the dealer's allocation of build slots more than anything else. I was lucky - I ordered from a branch of a big conglomerate of Audi main dealers with obviously a fairly generous allocation. I ordered mid-April, was quoted late June/early July and took possession of it on June 27th.

Welcome to the forum - I hope your Q3 gives you as much pleasure (when you eventually receive it) as mine has given me!

EDIT: One thing I can tell you - they are almost never late. The Audi dealers seem to prefer to give you a pessimistic delivery estimate and beat it, sooner than give an optimistic one and end up late.

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
25 Posts
My new Q3 is at the dealership waiting now. I ordered mid April and should get it next week, but we are waiting for the cherished number transfer papers to show up! This always seems to delay cars for me. To be fair, when I ordered it I was told third week of July, so it looks like they were spot on. So bloody excited now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Isn't the private number plate thing a rigmarole? Both the car I was trading in and the Q3 I bought second hand had a private plate on. I had to transfer mine to retentionwhilst handing my car over, then transfer the one on the Q3 to retention before assigning my plate. Couple that with the musical chairs of keep ringing up your insurer to advise of different plates and the claiming back of tax discs and things start to get complicated!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Samoanjoe said:
Isn't the private number plate thing a rigmarole? Both the car I was trading in and the Q3 I bought second hand had a private plate on. I had to transfer mine to retentionwhilst handing my car over, then transfer the one on the Q3 to retention before assigning my plate. Couple that with the musical chairs of keep ringing up your insurer to advise of different plates and the claiming back of tax discs and things start to get complicated!
My position exactly - currently 6.30am, about to have an early breakfast in the hope that my private-plate tax disc arrives by 8.00am (fortunately early post here) catch the 8.40 train 'up North' to pick up my Q3 - will telephone Audi insurance en-route, then drive back to Neath, hopefully with the sun-roof open
P.S. Added/edited at 9.22am - postie arrived on time, tax disc did not - we wait another day.
Edited by: erisaman

·
Registered
184 Posts
erisaman said:
P.S. Added/edited at 9.22am - postie arrived on time, tax disc did not - we wait another day.
Sorry to hear that
. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts