Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all. I've recently been looking at the Q3 as a viable option for the family but would welcome some feedback from owners on the following areas;
- my wife is disabled and therefore the car has to be able to take a wheelchair now whilst I will of course test this at my local dealer does anyone use the boot for such a device and does it have to broken down to fit (by that I mean chair wheels removed etc)?
- I'm a sucker for the S-line look but just what'd to check that as long as I don't tick the lowered suspension box it will come exactly with the same suspension as an SE variant with the only difference potentially being the larger wheels?
- ride quality is a key for my family due to my wife's underlying health condition. We can't take a car on that has a firm ride but from the reviews I've read they seem to suggest the q3 is most in-Audi like (no offence meant) in that it is comfortable. Do you agree?
- as far as I can surmise from the Audi configurator the S-Line comes with a pretty useful spec as standard and I'm only considering, heated seats (god send for the wife), privacy glass (expensive compared to other firms) and cruise control. Have I missed out anything you'd consider a 'no-brainer'?
- and finally, honestly, what is the option titled Audi drive select?

Kind regards, K.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a Q3 SE DSG auto, and find the suspension perfect. It is not the firm ride that we have experienced with other Audis, and it copes well with speed bumps. In my opinion, the ride is very comfortable without being too soft or rolling around bends. I think your wife will find it OK.

I have the Audi drive select. Most of the time I have it on the Economy setting, and find the major benefit to be the freewheeling when the foot is off the accelerator. I have tried the Dynamic setting, and find that it firms up the steering to a delightful degree. The Auto setting feels like Dynamic at speed, but like Economy at town speeds. I have never tried the Comfort Mode, which I believe is like Economy without the gearbox clutch disengagement. In summary, if there was an Economy setting which had the steering response of the Dynamic setting, that would be the perfect setup.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thx Ron for your response, fingers cross the ride is smooth as the more I look at it and read about it the more interested I become!

·
Registered
36 Posts
you may need to check if the spare wheel is now standard (as according to an earlier post) - since it makes a difference to the boot(trunk) capacity - not sure of it matters for a wheelchair or not - but if it does - it would be worth exploring with the dealer if omission (with carpet) is still an option

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smoothound thx for the intel, I was wondering about the boot space from the various debates around losing space when you include certain media packages etc. I'll discuss that with the dealer. Regards, Kevin.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've had reason to carry wheelchairs (lightweight ones, and also the merely "portable" ones!) in my Q3 - it's a pretty high lip on the boot, but not unmanageable.
The raised floor in the rear (from the Technology pack etc) is actually quite helpful as the chair doesn't drop too far in to the floor when heaving it over the lip - so getting it back out isn't so bad.
The SE ride, on standard wheels and suspension is perfectly smooth - plus if you choose SE over S-line and you can add all of the extras you want and still save money...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jules. I was fortunate enough today to get access to a Q3 and tried the wheelchair in the rear - it fitted after unclipping the handles (2 sec job) - result! Next job is to go on a test drive with the wife - fingers crossed. Regards, Kevin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went for the S line over the SE and sooo glad I did. The I test drove both - but for me the SE looked cheap outside with the plactic looking trim and felt cheap on the inside. When your paying £32k for a car you want it to look and feel nice! More money for extras if you go for the SE...but do you really need them? Only extrasI got on the S line was the 19inch alloys and privacy glass. I didn't notice that the S line felt like a firmer ride, I have had it for a week now and findit very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've said it before but there are some things which should really be standard on the Q3. Come on Audi, a manual rear view mirror in this day and age, a screen between the dialsstraightout the polo.
Really annoying these kind of options which you expect to be standard on any car nowadays andblatantcost saving imo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Color DIS is very nice and yes, it should be standard in all countries. However, it would be nice to have some sort of plugin architecture included.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I forgot to order the colour DIS :( Is there any advantage to it other than it being colour?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I mean the manually dimming one you have to move at night, a bit retro

The colour DIS doesn't add any extrafunctionality as far as I know, why bother having 2 versions though. Just stick the colour in so i can spend my 100 quid in the pub

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wonder if it can be retrofitted?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Retro-fit is probably nota cost-efficient way!

Not wishing to get drawn into an SE v S-Line debate - you have your budget and make your choice, the car is essentially builtthe same, and Audi doesn't do "cheap" be it in construction, or add-on prices!

If you want (or, as a high-mileage driver need!)heated Leather seats and Sat Nav, then do the maths - whatever you choose, I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with it

·
Registered
563 Posts
Phill-uk said:
I forgot to order the colour DIS :( Is there any advantage to it other than it being colour?
It's also Hi Res, and it makes the pop up screen look very low rent

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Didn't realise it was Hi Res, I just thought it looked a lot better as it was smaller than the main screen. The information you get on it is super sharp though, maybe I should close the main screen and not look at it

·
Registered
613 Posts
I didn't know the DIS was high-res either!

I think opening the main screen is just force of habit -I still tend to find myself switching to "TEL" to make a phone call - when I should just voice-dial or use the DIS menus - just another new trick for this old dog to learn I guess!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts