Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

does anyone know if and how frequently Audi might change the model colours? (main question)

we will be placing an order in a couple of months for an S-line - the present colour offerings all have drawbacks and 2 thousand pounds for alternatives is pretty steep

we love glacier white but every other audi seems to be white - we dont want another black car -

we don't much fancy the silver, the greys or the sphere blue (personal taste)

which leaves brown, cobalt blue - or platinum beige

we're not sure brown (our second favourite) goes with a black interior - any opinions?

anyone seen the cobalt? is it as rich and deep as it looks in the brochure? - or just another dull hum-drum blackish blue

also the plat-beige - is that just a typical light sandy gold? or does it have a warm pinkish element like some pics seem to hint? pics on the web seem to show both

honestly not trying to start colour wars here i know its a matter of opinion... I guess the best thing would be to ask the local dealer to advise when a car in the shortlist colours can be viewed -

but any opinions much appreciated thanks.

cheers

alan

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree that the colour choice is poor. Maybe they might improve colours in the 2014 model year due out soon. The A3 has a greater range of colours

·
Registered
613 Posts
Totally agree on the fact the colour range is poor.
No doubt you have checked out the Gallery pages on this site - I've put several of my Caribou Brown one on there - admittedly I went for the light interior as I just don't like the dark inside....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all -

yes jules carib-brown is a nice colour and right up there -

but we want the s-line - and the black interior (another limited choice) might not look right with the brown

anyway - we have a couple of months to see some in the flesh

cheers

alan

·
Registered
613 Posts
Didn't realise you couldn't get the S-line with the lighter interior to be honest!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Apparently orange is a good choice as it'll be worth a fortune when you sell it due to its scarcity ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha - we cant go for orange since my son has just bought a new orange bmw
- and he's sworn us not to copy - weve been pulling his leg that orange is our fav!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reilsab - I think the autotrader ad has expired (cant get the link to work) - what colour was it? and I can search google images 4 a pic

thanks

Al

·
Registered
485 Posts
The link works for me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ha ha that pink car is brilliant!

I have gone for Glacier White although I have no idea how I am going to keep it looking clean so hope I have not made a mistake.
I would have liked there to be a nice mid metallic blue (had it on a 07 BMW 3 series). I intended to buy the grey one but the white looked so nice in the showroom and I didn't want silver as I currently have a silver car.
I think the orange looks great too.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The link does appear to still be working but the colour was sphere blue

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks all -

the suzuka grey looks nice but not available in the UK

thanks mac for the info on cobalt blue - will defo be worth having a looksee