Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of a boot liner purposely made for the Q3 either by Audi or another manufacturer?
I have seen various liners for other make/models of cars that are made to fit perfectly - some of which on Amazon - but any advice would be welcomed.
Thank you

·
Registered
654 Posts
There are some on eBay which are tailored for the Q3 but I've not found one that is perfect in all respects.

Some cover the boot light making it useless for illuminating the boot.
Most attach to the headrests and when you fold one or both seats down the liner needs to move forward a little meaning that you need to release the sides first.
Some have fiddly zips in the corner joint between the boot sides and the seat backrest.
When you have a boot liner in place it makes it difficult to get into the under floor storage area.
I bought one for about £75 which I thought would be good but after trying it I returned it and got a refund.

Now I just use part of the liner from my old A4 Avant, it just covers the floor and has a flap to hang over the rear bumper.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yes, you have a choice from Audi of semi-rigid, part no 8U0061180, for £60 or rigid, part no 8U0061170, for £165. I went for the semi-rigid and it is a very good fit.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I also went for the semi rigid and it's a great fit, has a q3 logo on it and stops things sliding about as much on the carpet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I went also for the Audi semi regid boot liner, but if you want to line eg for a dog etc, Hatchbag are very good and cannot fault their customer service.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Second vote for the Hatchbag, especially if you're going to have a dog in the boot or carry a lot of fairly dirty stuff. The Hatchbag fits very well indeed, is easy to fit and clean. As PRT said customer service is excellent. This is the second time I have used a Hatchbag in a car, the first was in my Scirocco and the boot didn't need any cleaning whatsoever when the Scirocco was traded in even though a very pretty Cocker Spaniel had been in the car every day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also went for semi rigid found it a great fit like others have said has Q3 logo on it little nice touch

Just to let you know the semi is alot better to get in/out say if u need to clean it etc

·
Registered
595 Posts
selmac said:
I also went for semi rigid found it a great fit like others have said has Q3 logo on it little nice touch

Just to let you know the semi is alot better to get in/out say if u need to clean it etc

BB....does some of this text sound familiar ????.....Anna?

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
I ain't touching that one.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had my semi out the other day, it was rather dusty after a visit to b&q resulted in a burst sack.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Nope, sorry - I DEFINITELY ain't touching that one.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Gromit said:
I ain't touching that one. 
Anna's words exactly..........

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
reilsab said:
I had my semi out the other day, it was rather dusty after a visit to b&q resulted in a burst sack.

Seriously........I step out for a few hours and the place goes to pieces

1 - 14 of 14 Posts