Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, newbie here,
just ordered my first ever Audi, it’s Q3 Black Edition in Daytona Grey Perlessant.
Just wondered if anyone can help on obtaining a handbook so I can have a good look...Delivery due end of April 2021.
Thanks All

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi and welcome,
I am also new hear seems a great forum from what I have read so far, and I am also taking delivery in April 🤞and also the Daytona grey but the SLine.
Thanks John for that PDF of the manual you have posted I will peruse this intently because sure as eggs when the car comes I won’t read it at all unless there‘s something in particular I need to know how to work, but then you guys are so informative on hear might not ever need to bother. 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone, newbie here,
just ordered my first ever Audi, it’s Q3 Black Edition in Daytona Grey Perlessant.
Just wondered if anyone can help on obtaining a handbook so I can have a good look...Delivery due end of April 2021.
Thanks All
Good news everyone, just had call from Audi, car being built, 3rd week of March so will be able to collect as planned 4th May, yippee

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
That IS good news, both for yourself and for prospective owners in general, as it shows that the chip shortage isn't affecting production as much as was feared.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome to the gang. You will have lots of good bedtime reading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news everyone, just had call from Audi, car being built, 3rd week of March so will be able to collect as planned 4th May, yippee
Got my order number off dealer but can’t seem to find a working link to track order, oh well never just have to be patient......

·
Registered
818 Posts
You can only track the order to the German port then the car vanishes for 2 weeks until it appears at the dealer. I would target the 4th of May as being realistic.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Audi Germany ship cars (including those built in Hungary) out of the port of Emden I recall...when you know your car is headed to the port you can torture yourself with the Marine Traffic website and see which car carriers are docked and track their passage across the North Sea - southern dealers are served by Sheerness and I have a feeling there is a vehicle port at Immingham too?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was going to ask you guys if the fact it’s built in Hungary would it still be shipped? and maybe go across land thought it might be rail at, and would the Sheerness port still serve Wales I am dealing with Audi Cardiff not that it matters it is what it is just curious.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
It will go by rail to the port of Emden. Most likely then to Sheerness and then go by road to south wales. I've not ever heard of Emden car carriers going all the way around to get to Avonmouth docks.

Reactions: Mr c

·
Registered
54 Posts
It will go by rail to the port of Emden. Most likely then to Sheerness and then go by road to south wales. I've not ever heard of Emden car carriers going all the way around to get to Avonmouth docks.
Cheers John once again, as I said it is what it is I didn’t realise Sheerness is Avonmouth docks that’s no distance at all quick hop down the M4 corridor 👍

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's the theory. Firstly, the ship doesn't sail from Emden until it is full enough to be economically viable to sail. Immingham is the first stop followed by Sheerness. Secondly, after landing in the UK the Q3 will not be put on a road transporter until it is fully loaded for delivery in your area. All of this is why it takes up to 2 weeks to go from completion at the factory to dealer and, from Emden, it cannot be easily tracked. The dealer PDI etc. takes a total of 5 hours then it's all yours.

Reactions: Mr c

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Cheers John once again, as I said it is what it is I didn’t realise Sheerness is Avonmouth docks that’s no distance at all quick hop down the M4 corridor 👍
Slight cough...Sheerness is on the east coast on the Isle of Sheppey, Avonmouth is in the Bristol Channel, other side of the country...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Slight cough...Sheerness is on the east coast on the Isle of Sheppey, Avonmouth is in the Bristol Channel, other side of the country...
Sorry it’s been a long day been shifting twelve ton of topsoil off my sons drive, that’s my excuse anyway, thinking about it’s the only excuse I got.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
12t of anything is a lot...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts