Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Playing round with VAGCOM (vcds) and looking to activate TPMS, anyone had any luck?

Q3 is 2013 model with 1AT

Thanks in advance
ThomasEdited by: xssiiv

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have enabled it through the MMI and hidden menu but it is greyed out and cannot be reset or programmedEdited by: xssiiv

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Xssiiv, I was wondering where you got your vcds from and which version you have. also how do you connect it to the car?
thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Da2922 said:
Hi Xssiiv, I was wondering where you got your vcds from and which version you have. also how do you connect it to the car?thanks
Purchased through Ross Tech in USA back when I had my Golf RConnects via the OBD port, really good for little tricks and changes

·
Registered
85 Posts
Da2922,VCDS is very expensive thoug, you have to consider ifthe changes areworth the money for you. If it's just to read out your eventual errors, you might go for a ELM327, only costs a couple of euros.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have successfully enabled the TPMS in vcds, but have not been able to add the option on the MMI 'car' menu. has anyone been able to do this? i have enabled the 'Green Menu' but i am struggling to find an option to add the TPMS section. Also does anyone know the security code for the Q3 to make the change to the ABS coding?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><?: prefix = o /></font>Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Da2922 said:
Hi Xssiiv, I was wondering where you got your vcds from and which version you have. also how do you connect it to the car?
thanks
In the UK, VCDS is available from Gendan, a Ross Tech main dealer - http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.htmlGendan also sell cheaper fault code readers (much less risky than e.bay) but they don't always give the best results and can be limited if you intend to replace and / or recode modules as your car gets older.

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Xssiiv,
Can you advise how you activated the TPMS on the MMI and green menu? i am unable to find a way of doing it.
Many thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,

How have you managed to enable TPMS in VCDS? I've tried to follow instruction here: http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComABS.html but with no success.

In my Q3 long coding helper for 3- ABS brakes is not available so you have to input new coding by entering new coding number. Do you know the number?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was able to turn on the visual side of TPMS, which activates the warning messages on the DIS on the dashboard! This indicates that the TPMS has a failure. I have not been able to go any further with this as I cannot find an option in the green menu to turn on the TPMS function in the CAR menu for the MMI screen. Also I am unable to make the coding changes required on the ABS module as it requires the security code of my car to do it, from what I understand only AUDI have these codes! Maybe as the TPMS system is now standard on all of the Q3 range, and no additional parts are required AUDI may allow this to be programmed at a main dealer?

Fingers crossed

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,

So you just activated 17-instrument cluster. I did the same...:(

Regarding 3-ABS brakes - I don't think security code is required - do you have CODING - 07 active?

I have. But what is missing is Long Coding Helper (with all those bits that can be ticked). The only windowpops-up with actual coding value which is in my case 50311 ( see below autoscan). Important is part No. - in my case
5N0 614 109</font> AS. </font>

Module ABS with mark AJ on the end can be programmed with LC helper ( info from stemei.de) but it looks with AS it is not possible :(

We can overcome the problem in my opinion if we find someone with
5N0 614 109 AS</font>ABS module and TPMS activated in her/his Q3. Then we could change coding from 50311 for instance to required value with TPMS activated!

Regarding green menu - it looks it is completely not usefull in our cars or options are marked diffrenty than in A4 for instance. However it is possible to reset TPMS settings ( group 42 in ABS Basic Settings) by VCDS even if MMI reset is not active so I think I could live with it

Please send your autoscan of ABS module - we'll compare and see if above theory might work.

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: None
Part No SW: 5N0 614 109 AS HW: 5N0 614 109 AS
Component: J104 C6 450M V460 0150
Revision: --H07--- Serial number: 00000007589134
Coding: 0050311
Shop #: WSC 00049 770 00153
VCID: 7CF7127B3F1EBCFEC8B-8029</font>

</font>

TO FORUM ADMIN - MAYBE WE SHOULD MOVE THIS POST TO MODIFICATION?</font>
</font>

Edited by: gienol

·
Registered
13 Posts
TPMS update??<hr ="dividing-line"><div id="post_message_23858" ="nos" itemprop="text"> I have found some instructions for activating the TPMS function via VCDS, i still stumble at the same place (the ABS module security code).

But this is what needs to be activated on the ABS module:
[03 - ABS Brakes]
[Security Access - 16] (login code: *****)
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1
Bit 3 - Tire Pressure Monitoring (<acronym title="Google Page Ranking">PR</acronym>-7K6) active (1 = active)

also you need to do the following to enable in the instrument cluster:
[17 - Instruments]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 4
Bit 0 - Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS) installed (1 = active)

Once you have enable TPMS on the ABS module you should be able to enable the option in the CAR menu for MMI
[5F - Information Electr.]
Not know yet how to enable the TPMS menu item with VCDS....
BUT can be enabled through the "hidden menu":
- select 'RDK' in 'car/cardevicelist'
- put 'Tires Air Pressure Control' on 5 in 'car/carmenuoperations'

Please let me know if anyone gets any further with this?

·
Registered
405 Posts
After retrofitted the ABS module 5N0604109BA, I enabled TPMS successfully. Only problem is that RMC menu does not work

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
We had every faith in you.........

·
Registered
14 Posts
kostas-k said:
Koskas, can you send the RMC coding (5F I hope) before and after this change ?I think it will be possible to code it via VCDS, if I can see exactly what bit is activated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well guys, after A LOT OF research, I did activated TPMS in my Q3. The only missing is RMC coding, for that I hope koskas will give me help...One thing I discovered is: copy/paste ABS [3] coding from another car is incorrect, even if you have the same type of module. I my case, ABS don't uses long coding helper, so I had to write the short code directly.So, to correctly code my module (5N0 614 109 BA), I had to add 4096 (code to activate TPMS - found on Tiguan forum) to my standard code (0017525). This way, I overwrite in VCDS 0017525 with 0021621 (0017525+4096). After that, did usual coding in [17] Instruments and can see its working.

·
Registered
14 Posts
gienol said:
Hi,

How have you managed to enable TPMS in VCDS? I've tried to follow instruction here: http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComABS.html but with no success.

In my Q3 long coding helper for 3- ABS brakes is not available so you have to input new coding by entering new coding number. Do you know the number?

Thanks
Hello,
As my research, you just have to add 4096 to your coding number. If your module supports TPMS, it should work.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts