Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Az far as I can tell, the roof bar footer pack (753) and the roof bars are the same, but the fixing kits are different.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk have the Thule bars for the Q3 and Atera bars (which appear to be the same bars that Audi would supply you with via the dealership) Roof box are not the cheapest but a good place to start.

I'm trying to build the roof bars and feet off Ebay and will be the fixing kit new.

Edited by: Dinkum

·
Registered
106 Posts
had a set of roof bars supplied with my q3 when i pickd it up approx 6 weeks ago so are available.i have not tried fitting them yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a spare wheel for Q3/SE model(2012) they want to sell, i purchased my car straight from the showroom, car did'nt have one fitted so i'm looking out for spare run flat for 17" wheels,i'm hoping its ok to give my phone number on this site? you can contact me on 01159 654572 or leave a message, thanks to all, cheers ALAN.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Roof bars are quoted as "from £173" but I was actually quoted £210 fitted. Roof boxes are quoted "from £383" - Ouch!I have decided not to order them - far too expensive! However, my dealer says that I can hire the bars and the roof box as and when required. As long as you know well in advance when you need them, you are OK, as my dealer only has one set available at any one time!I hope that helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have direct experience of sourcing spare wheel for my Q3 which is due in September. I originally ordered back in October including spare wheel, quoted £75 as per brochure. Due to protracted delay, cancelled order but to cut long story short have now taken over someone else's cancelled order. All paperwork signed and sealed, then at last minute salesman says price of spare would now be over £200 as not ordered originally, trying to add in price of tyre! Complete crap as all they do is order wheel at cost of 75 from manufacturer with zero cost to dealer. I dug my heels in and eventually git them to honour brochure price as "good will gesture" So..... Don't be bullied into extra payment, the spare wheel is £75, end of! Hope that's useful

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, you lose a bit of boot and you can't have it with super woofer..... but I just don't like or trust these new tyre fix systems so wanted security of a spare wheel just in case

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Blackmore, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can't have the "super woofer" if you order a spare wheel. I have the Bose system including the bass unit fitted in the boot and also the spare wheel spec'd on my Q3.

I think some dealers were confused early on and told people that you couldn't spec' both but this isn't true.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Original Audi Q3 bars are the best , got mine £160 off e.bay from Audi dealer , and if you look on the inside of your roof rails you will see 4 sets of 2 holes,the original Audi roof bars fit into the holes so they can't move or slide about. Aftermarket roof bars don't .

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would like to add that on the Q5 when the official Audi roof bars are put on the car the car adjusts itself automatically because there maybe a higher centre of gravity, I'm not sure if this applies to the Q3 though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts