Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I am going to order a Q3 next week after negotiating with the dealer for the last week. I keep changing my mind on what items to spec but at the moment looking at the 40 TFSI S Line with C+S, extended ambient lighting pack, spare wheel and driver assistance pack. I decided to add the driver assist pack after noticing the side/blind spot assist is no longer stand on Q3s on Audi's site.

My question considering many of you own the 45, do you think I should order the 45 TFSI engine instead and maybe drop the driver assist pack? It will mean around £1k extra cost. I currently own a 1.4 tsi Seat Leon that has 150bhp. I think the 40 will be plenty but don't want to regret it a few months into having it. I do plan on doing long motorway trips frequently so think the driver assist pack is worth it but cant keep both as it goes out of budget.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Good morning and welcome to the forum. Bearing in mind your fixed budget I would go for the configuration you have selected with the 40TFSI engine. This is a very good engine and will have the performance you need for your type of driving. I would not compromise on any of the options that you have selected. I have the driver assist functions and I use them all the time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, it looks like you are hovering around the £40k road tax increase as well. The 40tfsi may stay below the threshold as well. As said I’d keep the spec you want rather than extra power you may not need

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club!

I can't offer a direct comparison but have a 2013 2.0TFSI and Mrs G pilots an A3 Sportback 1.4TFSI which is a pretty close indirect comparison. I can tell you that the performance is pretty similar, the Q3 just having the edge but honestly they're very close. I find the 2.0TFSI's performance more than adequate with plenty of power in reserve and effortless on long runs, not bad for only 170bhp. Stick with the 40TFSI, it should be plenty powerful enough IMHO.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, I think I will stick with the 40 TFSI and keep the options I chose. My 1.4 TSI has enough power in most situations so I know I won't be disappointed.

Unfortunately I am over the £40k threshold with C&S pack and metallic paint option alone. I really like the look of the glacier white over the solid white paint.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I don't know how far you are over the £40k road tax but you could do without the extended lighting pack and you can purchase the space saver spare/toolkit at a later date.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just checked its £40,025 ROTR price with just 40 TFSI, C&S pack and glacier white metallic paint options alone. So thought I might aswell add on all the bits I like, also added on 19" x 7.0J '20-spoke V' design alloy wheels for £150, on top of all the other bits I mentioned above :D

Going to order it tomorrow!! Been told it should arrive Sept/Oct but possible delays due to chip shortage.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Excellent configuration. The chip shortage can cause problems but be aware, you might get it early.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers mate super excited! My first Audi don't expect it to be my last!

I'll ask the dealer tomorrow about earliest arrival, I just have private plates to take off my current car and transfer to the Q3. All set other than that :D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have private plates on mine. Ask the dealer to transfer the plate. All it requires is for you to sign a retention document then when the car arrives a transfer document. It seems like the chips are being allocated in fits and starts so realistically your dealer will not be able to give you a specific week. You can monitor the build process at the factory but after then it sort of vanishes until it appears at the dealer. This is how it has always happened. If it doesn't come with floor mats ask the dealer if they will throw them in, they come from a different budget. Good luck with everything, we will no doubt speak again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you, good to get an understanding as this is my first new car. My previous two cars were used.

Wow didn't realise new cars might not come with floor mats, I know the rubber ones are extra or can be thrown in I guess. I'm sure it will be fine, a family works in the dealership I'm buying from.

Ill post updates in the order thread and pics when it arrives!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
This might push your luck a bit but try for a reversible boot mat, carpet on one side and rubber on the other. Worth its weight in gold.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
As regards tracking your order, get the dealer to give you the VIN number as soon as its been allocated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll try! Haha when should I ask at the point of order or when I pick it up?

Thanks for the heads up on tracking it too.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
You need the sprat to catch the mackerel. Suggest that you will not order from him if you do not get the goodies. Sales people are commission motivated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Roger that ;) while I was looking at the accessories I noticed you can get different puddle lights. Aren't they standard in the S Line trim? If not is it wiring job or can I easily retrofit?

Also does anyone know if can you choose to have rear badge technology designation deleted on order? Cant remove it from the configurator, wanted to remove the 40TFSI and leave the quattro badge on, can do myself if not as well.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The puddle lights can be fitted during the dealers PDI process. I went for the Audi rings. The dealer will remove any badges you want. I kept the quattro front and rear badges and the front wings s-line badges.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers I'll get them to remove the badges... Saves me a job, I don't mind fitting the puddle lights myself. I can get them half the price of what the retail is from the dealer.

Do you know if the Q3s come with the light standard on the bottom of the door cards, so it's just a pry off and fit?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
They come as standard with a plastic blanking plate on the base of the front door cards but all the wiring is there. Putting them in is a 10 minute job.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts