Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Q3 is the 140 FWD Diesel SE silver, with various extras including 19" Alloys, Leather & Alcantara and I have now covered a couple of thousand miles in it!
Am I pleased with it? - Simple answer Yes! Very!
I had an Audi A3 Cabriolet before and whilst I miss the open air (not much this year), the Q3 has more than shown it's prowess as a comfortable tourer and practical day to day car.
The light steering often mentioned, I find a bonus in a car of this size. Even with low profiles, 4 up on a recent trip to Honfleur the ride was smooth (French motorways are generally good), the passengers comfortable (the wide arm rest in the back (through load facility) prevents a fight amongst elbows and the firm seating of Audi's is always better on longer runs.
Whilst just keeping to the French speed limit I averaged 42 mpg on a 427 mile round trip. If you dawdled I am sure 50/60 mpg could be gained.
I opted to purchase the spacesaver spare wheel as a separate item (in the end it was thrown in as part of the deal). It either just lays in the boot and I can pack items in and around it or I stand it up against the side. Either way its less restrictive than having the full space saver kit with all that foam etc.
I was a bit concerned that the 140 HP would not be quick enough, but my fears were unfounded. The 250kgs less weight compared with a quattro, more than makes up for the lack of horses. I had contemplated a chip to make it up to 175 HP. That would make this model shift! Maybe in a couple of years.
I could go on but suffice to say, a very good car that I am glad I bought!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree totally I have the same model in black which I don't get to drive much it will be a year old in September just done 5000. Miles haven't found any thing bad about it apart from the car pack scratches

·
Registered
613 Posts
As a Motorway cruiser the FWD model is superb - I have done 25k miles in my first year of ownership, and they have been painless - when you want to go steady, you have 60+ MPG:

This was from a 400 mile round trip to Southampton from Leicester with 2 adults/2 kids and a weekend of luggage - 395 miles drive, with an indicated range of another 340 miles on top!
I'm looking forward to a drive down through France and Spain next year to really test the range...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Good to read a review on here.

We are off next week for a two week trip to France in our Q3, so I will post some facts and figures. I will be driving more of a leisurely pace as I like to look around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts