Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
AUDI Q3 2019
2 Posts
Hello from Greece, My Q3 1.5TFSI manual gearbox have the same problem (kangaroo ) and also difficulty in changing gears from first to second gear when it is cold.
I made many complaints to the local dealer and a software upgrade was made but the problem remained.
my complaints continued and gearbox was replaced also flywheel replacement.Τhe gearbox problem remains but the kangarooing issue disappeared ,so I suggest flywheel replacement for fix kangarooing issue.Αlso do a test press and release the clutch quickly and hear the noise in the engine.Do you hear any strange noise?

·
Registered
Q3 2021 Sportback, 45TFSI Edition 1, Turbo Blue, 230PS
18 Posts
Hi folks, new to the forum, I have a brand new Audi Q3 Sportback and have the dreaded kangaroo in 1st & 2nd gears warm or cold. I can also feel the power fluctuating under my accelerator foot whenever i set off from a standing start, worse when engine cold (first couple of minutes) but still apparent when engine fully warmed up. This provides a very jerky ride and is the worst car I have ever driven. Low revs and low speeds around a car park for example, throws you around like a fairground ride!, makes the kids laugh in the back seat but I’m certainly not laughing after paying just under 40K for this car. Has been to the dealership twice - final diagnosis from their master service technician? - yes you guessed it , I have the latest software update and my perceived fault is a ‘characteristic of the engine’
Been politely arguing my case with the dealership for over two months, with them unbelievably refusing to accept the well documented fault. After owning numerous Audis i am extremely disappointed with the attitude of this luxury brand. Its disgusting that it seems to be a directive from the top to follow a set of fobbing off stages, causing a lot of upset and aggravation to loyal customers, when clearly they have been sold a faulty product. The dealer did offer to put me in a replacement vehicle as part of a trade in deal?!? offering me £8000 less for my 3 month old car with 2000 miles on the clock!. I can’t believe the cheek and attitude from this well known main dealer, acting like they were doing me a favour!! It’s such a shame because I love everything about the car apart from the way it drives, so I have finally pushed for rejection. I just want a car that drives smoothly - is that a lot to ask in 2020?!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Hi folks, new to the forum, I have a brand new Audi Q3 Sportback and have the dreaded kangaroo in 1st & 2nd gears warm or cold. I can also feel the power fluctuating under my accelerator foot whenever i set off from a standing start, worse when engine cold (first couple of minutes) but still apparent when engine fully warmed up. This provides a very jerky ride and is the worst car I have ever driven. Low revs and low speeds around a car park for example, throws you around like a fairground ride!, makes the kids laugh in the back seat but I’m certainly not laughing after paying just under 40K for this car. Has been to the dealership twice - final diagnosis from their master service technician? - yes you guessed it , a ‘characteristic of the engine’
Been politely arguing my case with the dealership for over two months, with them unbelievably refusing to accept the well documented fault. After owning numerous Audis i am extremely disappointed with the attitude of this luxury brand. Its disgusting that it seems to be a directive from the top to follow a set of fobbing off stages, causing a lot of upset and aggravation to loyal customers, when clearly they have been sold a faulty product. The dealer did offer to put me in a replacement vehicle as part of a trade in deal offering me £8000 less for my 3 month old car with 2000 miles on the clock!. I can’t believe the cheek and attitude from this dealer acting like they were doing me a favour!! It’s such a shame because I love everything about the car apart from the way it drives, so I have finally pushed for rejection.
Welcome to the board, wish it was in happier circumstances, The kangaroo problem, has been well reported here. Could you lets us know which transmission you have?

·
Registered
AUDI Q3 2019
2 Posts
@ Mustang67
I bought an audi for the first time and I will not buy it again. Driving in the city is difficult, but in your problem it will help if you replace flywheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the board, wish it was in happier circumstances, The kangaroo problem, has been well reported here. Could you lets us know which engine and transmission you have?
Hi, thanks for the welcome, it’s the 1.5Tfsi manual. DPCA 110KW I’d added to my profile but must not have saved it. Will update now

·
Registered
18 Posts
For anybody who is still suffering with this engine, don’t suffer in silence, make a fuss, make a timeline of your case, write your rejection letter, copy the dealership, the brand head office and finance company if applicable and threaten a DEKRA inspection of the vehicle, only then did I get the dealerships attention. It wasn’t easy but I got my money back after 4 months of misery with this faulty engine on my brand new Q3. Of course the dealership right until the end were still following the corporate directive by saying it was a ‘characteristic’ and wouldn’t accept my rejection but instead bought the car back off me. Maybe this is a new policy so accepting no liability legally. I’d had enough so accepted the full refund.....any ideas what happened to my car? For sale on the forecourt the next day of course, just waiting for another soon to be unhappy Audi customer to go through the same upset and aggravation as me....absolutely shocking! It’s listed on the Audi used car website now situated in the north east.....avoid if you are in the market for one!!!
I’m going to buy another q3 Sportback (c&s) same colour, black edition but the 45tfsi this time....love the car, just was unlucky to get a one with a dodge engine....unfortunately it’s now a 20week wait from the factory!

·
Registered
3 Posts
For anybody who is still suffering with this engine, don’t suffer in silence, make a fuss, make a timeline of your case, write your rejection letter, copy the dealership, the brand head office and finance company if applicable and threaten a DEKRA inspection of the vehicle, only then did I get the dealerships attention. It wasn’t easy but I got my money back after 4 months of misery with this faulty engine on my brand new Q3. Of course the dealership right until the end were still following the corporate directive by saying it was a ‘characteristic’ and wouldn’t accept my rejection but instead bought the car back off me. Maybe this is a new policy so accepting no liability legally. I’d had enough so accepted the full refund.....any ideas what happened to my car? For sale on the forecourt the next day of course, just waiting for another soon to be unhappy Audi customer to go through the same upset and aggravation as me....absolutely shocking! It’s listed on the Audi used car website now situated in the north east.....avoid if you are in the market for one!!!
I’m going to buy another q3 Sportback (c&s) same colour, black edition but the 45tfsi this time....love the car, just was unlucky to get a one with a dodge engine....unfortunately it’s now a 20week wait from the factory!
I purchased my car in March 2019. Straight away I noticed this problem. At first the garage told me that they had never seen this before. Then a month later said it was a known fault. They said they could fix it. After 3 attempts I said that I wanted to reject the car but the dealership begged me not to and assured me that they could fix it. After another few failed attempts to fix it, I was told it was fixed. I disagreed but was told it was to late to reject it and I would have to live with it. I was also offered driving lessons on how to drive it !!!! Quite sexist I thought. 4 Months later at its first service I asked them to check it again. Yes the fault was still there but. So I had been driving a faulty car for 12 months and paying a fortune for the privilege, but still the dealership will do nothing to help me. I have contacted Audi UK and Audi Finance but still no luck. Any pointers anyone ??

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was one of the first to complain about this in my wife's VW T Roc.... we suffered and eventually sold the car.

I have since spoken to a friend who had the same problem with his wife's Audi.... he worked as a trade buyer of 2nd hand cars in the VAG group and was known to the dealership. He rejected the car after more than 12 months and was fully refunded.

If they dont play ball, threaten the legal route. A Solicitor's letter may cost you £100, but could be the last resort.

There is no time limit to this... so don't give up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased my car in March 2019. Straight away I noticed this problem. At first the garage told me that they had never seen this before. Then a month later said it was a known fault. They said they could fix it. After 3 attempts I said that I wanted to reject the car but the dealership begged me not to and assured me that they could fix it. After another few failed attempts to fix it, I was told it was fixed. I disagreed but was told it was to late to reject it and I would have to live with it. I was also offered driving lessons on how to drive it !!!! Quite sexist I thought. 4 Months later at its first service I asked them to check it again. Yes the fault was still there but. So I had been driving a faulty car for 12 months and paying a fortune for the privilege, but still the dealership will do nothing to help me. I have contacted Audi UK and Audi Finance but still no luck. Any pointers anyone ??
Hi, I can totally sympathise with your current situation. Unfortunately you are right at the start of the the VAG group's fobbing off process. With my car, the dealership denied a fault calling it a 'characteristic' of the engine, Audi UK would not help me as they were led by dealerships diagnosis, Audi finance just ignored my correspondence. I refused to accept this, as the car was simply awful to drive - from the annoying kangaroo from engine start (warm or cold first 2 mins or so) to fluctuating power throughout the gears....I could feel it happening under my accelerator foot!.
All the VAG brand forums (AUDI, VW, SEAT etc) have owners with the same issues regarding this 1.5tfsi engine manufactured within a certain timeframe. Some owners have had a fix - all good, some owners have had a fix but now with increased fuel consumption and higher revs, some owners like me, the fix made no difference. There are over 250 pages over on the VW Troc forum regarding this! if you want some lockdown reading!
Crucially for us VW have admitted the fault on various Auto press websites and announced various fixes but with some owners still complaining that the fix doesn't work.....Its all very well documented. Also there has been precedence set with regard to rejection for this very obvious fault as some owners have successfully rejected their cars, even after the 6 month deadline.....
Like I said above in the thread, I made an 8 page timeline of all my communication with the dealership (emails, tel converations, service visits etc) and drafted a rejection letter with a covering email threatening a Dekra inspection of the car and stated that copies of all documents have been sent to all the relevant parties, Audi UK, Audi Finance, Head of Dealership and the Financial Ombudsman.
As far as Audi UK is concerned when they have rejection documentation I think it then bypasses customer services and ends up on the desk of the executive team who can't just fob you off and have to review your case.
The dealers know about the fault but only then did the dealership listen and still tried to fob me off with awful deals on a vehicle change. I held out under pressure from various phone calls with head of sales and head of business even doing a good cop/bad cop routine, trying to be 'matey' ....one even said to me that if it hadn't been for Covid, we could all sit around at the dealership over a coffee and discuss it like 'big boys'!
They eventually bought the car back off me after my final threats, which might as well be an admission of guilt. I take it as a win because I just wanted it all over as I was having sleepless nights over it all. I wish you success...dont give up!

I'll post a copy of my rejection letter which may help you (personal details banked out of course) ....based it on a one from the Troc forum...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here's my rejection letter with regard to the above post.........

Dear Sir, I write with regard to vehicle Reg , an Audi Q3 Sportback 1.5TFSI sold to me on the *

1. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 the ‘goods’ (i.e. – the car) must be “of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and free from any defect”

2. My car has a repeatable and significant defect which has been apparent since purchase. You are therefore in breach of contract.

3. VAG group have acknowledged this fault publicly, as per this press article published, January 2019

with the ongoing fault raised in this press article published, 31 July 2019

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/107558/juddering-vw-group-cars-no-end-in- sight-for-owners

backed up once again by this ‘Whatcar’ article published, 10 Sept 2019

https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buying/is-there-a-problem-with-the-volkswagen-group- 15-petrol-engine/n20104

4. VAG group announced a fix publicly in this article, published 11 March 2020

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2020-03/volkswagen-announces-fix-for- 15-tsi-engine-hesitation-issues/

5. The vehicle reg was built and delivered to * Audi within the above timeframe and has this significant fault

6. You have had two opportunities to fix the vehicle and have confirmed the software on the car is up to date but the fault still remains

7. As such I wish to confirm my desire to reject the vehicle and receive a full refund minus an agreed amount for fair usage.

8. I am aware the VAG group have authorised Rejections for other owners with the exact same issue, thus establishing precedent.

I look forward to hearing from you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's my rejection letter with regard to the above post.........

Dear Sir, I write with regard to vehicle Reg , an Audi Q3 Sportback 1.5TFSI sold to me on the *

1. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 the ‘goods’ (i.e. – the car) must be “of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and free from any defect”

2. My car has a repeatable and significant defect which has been apparent since purchase. You are therefore in breach of contract.

3. VAG group have acknowledged this fault publicly, as per this press article published, January 2019

with the ongoing fault raised in this press article published, 31 July 2019

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/107558/juddering-vw-group-cars-no-end-in- sight-for-owners

backed up once again by this ‘Whatcar’ article published, 10 Sept 2019

https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buying/is-there-a-problem-with-the-volkswagen-group- 15-petrol-engine/n20104

4. VAG group announced a fix publicly in this article, published 11 March 2020

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2020-03/volkswagen-announces-fix-for- 15-tsi-engine-hesitation-issues/

5. The vehicle reg was built and delivered to * Audi within the above timeframe and has this significant fault

6. You have had two opportunities to fix the vehicle and have confirmed the software on the car is up to date but the fault still remains

7. As such I wish to confirm my desire to reject the vehicle and receive a full refund minus an agreed amount for fair usage.

8. I am aware the VAG group have authorised Rejections for other owners with the exact same issue, thus establishing precedent.

I look forward to hearing from you
Thank you. I will definitely use this

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was one of the first to complain about this in my wife's VW T Roc.... we suffered and eventually sold the car.

I have since spoken to a friend who had the same problem with his wife's Audi.... he worked as a trade buyer of 2nd hand cars in the VAG group and was known to the dealership. He rejected the car after more than 12 months and was fully refunded.

If they dont play ball, threaten the legal route. A Solicitor's letter may cost you £100, but could be the last resort.

Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you. I will definitely use this
Hi Tino19, there are more details of my case on post no 68 but this is still waiting moderator approval for now. Glad to help other owners blighted by this fault....I'm still raging about it now as your case has brought back some unhappy memories haha:rolleyes::)

·
Registered
18 Posts

An independent inspection by DEKRA will cost you £200 and I'm sure by threatening this with the dealer swayed my case. I didn't have to instigate the inspection, just threatened it as I knew the fault would be plain and obvious to anyone testing the car

·
Registered
18 Posts
An independent inspection by DEKRA will cost you £200 and I'm sure by threatening this with the dealer it swayed my case. I didn't have to instigate the inspection, just threatened it as I knew the fault would be plain and obvious to anyone testing the car
such good advice I posted it twice! :rolleyes: thought I was computer savvy but can't for the life of me find where to delete a post on the forum?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts