Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My car is intermittently either displaying the engine management light or coil light, or a combination of both. When the coil light shows the car experiences a loss in power when accelerating.

Sometimes none of these lights show and the car is running fine.

Having took it an audi technician who works privately he put it on the diagnostic and the fault code was 'P159200 Altitude sensor signal/ charge air pressure sensor-implausible ratio'. He said this fault was rare and he would need to refer to some sort of latest directive audi will have on this and get back to me. He said that this is something to do with the cars wiring e.g. possibly the charge pressure/ intake temperature sensor circuit.

Before he gets back to me, I wanted to ask if someone could provide me with some more information surrounding this fault code please e.g. what is the issue? how can it be investigated and resolved? is it a quick fix? what is the estimated cost (parts & labour)?

Any help and support would be much appreciated- Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Manfrotto! This is really helpful for me to understand the issue and paths to resolve.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just an update on this issue above and some more of your wonderful help plus advice needed please! This is what the technician has done and advised on next steps;

* Thu/ 23rd Sep: He cleared the 'P159200 Altitude sensor signal/ charge air pressure sensor-implausible ratio' fault i.e. the engine management and coil light.

* Sun/ 26th Sep; Mon/ 27th Sep & Tue/ 05th October: Since the above, either the engine management light or the coil light, or a combination of both have been coming on intermittently on these days, and loss of power when the coil light is on.

As you can see some days i.e. between Tue 28th Sep to Mon 04th Oct (nearly a week) the fault lights did not come up at all.

Speaking to the technician he asked for me to call him around when the both fault lights (engine & coil) are on long enough so then he can investigate further. The problem is as explained these fault lights are not on long enough, they come on during the day or night on random days as mentioned above.

Not sure if he should replace the boost pressure / intake air temp sensor now? and we can see what happens next?

What are your thoughts please?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
460 Posts
or at least remove the sensor an give it a clean with MAF cleaner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts