Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just received this letter. I’m in a petrol q3 has anyone else received one ? Know what it’s about ? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club!

That's the first time it's been mentioned here - must be pretty recent. The phone number is genuine (Kidlington Oxford Audi) but it's odd they haven't provided a reference or any further details. I guess it's just a boilerplate recall letter as they can't be arsed to produce a different one for each callback.

Give them a call to find out and let us know please?

Reactions: Dylan

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Dylan,
It would worth a while if you can please mention your model year and engine power.
So other people can also understand correctly.
There are quite many petrol engine variants 1.5 , 2.0 then TFSI 35 , TFSI 45 and so on.
Mine is TFSI 45 2.0 petrol MY20 have not received anything like that yet.
Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

Reactions: Dylan and Gromit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both

mine is a 2015 q3 se tfsi 1.4 2015MY

I called them at lunchtime to find out more but no callback yet hence my post / checking whether it’s a scam / upsell or something genuine.

They charged me £25 a day for a courtesy car last time and I found them a bit too ‘ aftershave & shiny shoes’ so I’m not keen to go back for anything if I can help it I’d rather use a local garage.

I did read once about something with the brake plates & that being a manufacturing fault possibility on my model so wondered about that too?

Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
Shove your vehicle reg into this website to find out if there's a recall current for it.

Merely going by model and year, it comes up with two recalls - details here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again all - I have checked the website and there is a recall.

Audi have yet to call back despite leaving two messages - will update more when i know more thanks again.

·
Registered
554 Posts
In 37 years of Audi ownership I have never had one of these. It does not say why, which is more disturbing. I would contact Audi immediately to find out the details.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all - UPDATE I eventually got through to them they say it is a software update? and will take a day to do...

·
Registered
554 Posts
A day! What are they doing, typing in the software update byte by byte?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking secretly fixing something big that they don't want the press to hear about :)))))

·
Registered
396 Posts
software updates require the brain in the car to be connected to the brain in Germany. It can take a while sometimes. Audi dealers nearly always ask for the car of the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts