Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Q3 S Line 45 TFSI Quattro 230ps
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and bought a faraday pouch from Halfords. Surprise surprise, it works. With the key inside, I can walk up to the car but can’t unlock it. So far so good.

But, since keeping my key in there I have had all sorts of problems. 1) when I go to the car in the morning with the key in my hand, the car won’t unlock when I grab the handle. Eventually it unlocks by pressing the button on the key. 2) yesterday, I got home, switched off the car and a message came up saying there’s no key and the alarm went off.

So, can these pouches affect the key?

·
Registered
2022 RSQ3 SE in Dayton Grey, C&S, red calipers
439 Posts
One, I would not have bought from Halfords. try these, I use them for the R as well as the RS, 2 PACK Small Faraday Pouch For Car Keys, Car Key Signal Blocking Bag For Car, RFID Key Pouch Faraday Bag for Keyless Car, : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo. The pouches do not affect anything on the car all they are supposed to do is to isolate the RF from the key to the car.

Two, do not grab the handle, place your open hand in behind the handle a gently pull towards you, avoid putting any part of your hand on the outside of the handle where the locking area is located. Good luck, try that.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts