Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my recent post "Getting excited, all over again" I told you about a 2.0 TFSI I'm in the process of buying.
Poole Audi told me that the VED for the 2nd taxation period is £450 p.a. because the "list Price" was over £40K. After some investigation I think it should be £140 p.a. but there is a big time gap in my sources.
Has anybody got any pricing info about the period between Brochure (Inc Price List) Edition 5.0 10/16 MY2017 and Price List (Now split from Brochure) Edition 6 12/17 MY2018? The car was registered on 29/06/17.
There is a £900 difference in the Basic RRP between the 2 Docs but most of the "Extras" seem to be the same although they are not all listed. However. as you know Audi have a habit of moving things into/out of packs and disproportionate price changes.
I would really like to know if there was an Edition 5.1 or 5.2 etc.?
GOV.UK says the VED threshold is on the "List Price" which I take to be the RRP.
Previous experience has taught me to be prepared when dealing with Audi Sales. It'll be what it'll be but I'd like to be certain when I walk back through the door!

Cheers Andy P

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
You should be able to get the VED rates if you have the reg and new 11 digit ref number from the log bookhttps://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/EnterV5CMy car is too old to see what data they actually provide once you go to stage 2 and enter the 11 digit number so I can't test the system out.

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
468 Posts
My Q3 was first registered on the 23rd October 2017 and the VED is £450. The CO2 emissions are 161g/km. The OTR price was £40,500 incl VAT.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Spike but unfortunately I don't have the V5C.
Poole Audi gave me a print out of all the Order Codes for the car but some of them aren't in the brochure/price list/configurator.
I have the Reg and VIN so I tried to use the VCA site at:
http://carfueldata.dft.gov.uk/new-vehicle-tax.aspx?t=23ude39
...but it's not working properly. You can only get as far as the manufacturer drop down because it's not....dropping down!
I'll sort it out with Poole Audi tomorrow.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have got through on the web site. It says that my first year VED is £500 with subsequent years being £140. Tax band I, tax class 48. It says that if the list price is over £40,000 (does not say if with or without VAT) then an extra £310 is payable over 5 years on top of the standard rate.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
That makes the £295 for the 'very bad for the planet' RS seem like very good value..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mwcltd said:
My Q3 was first registered on the 23rd October 2017 and the VED is £450. The CO2 emissions are 161g/km. The OTR price was £40,500 incl VAT.
Thanks mwcltd that's useful to know. So "List Price" includes delivery etc., that's where I've been going wrong. Mine has 20" wheels so the CO2 will be slightly higher but probably still in the same band as yours.
Poole Audi have thrown me because on the banner heading of the ad on their website it says New Cost £39400 but that was clearly the RRP in June.
Oh well live and learn, but it doesn't change my mind about the car.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RSQ3John said:
That makes the £295 for the 'very bad for the planet' RS seem like very good value..
....as does the £305 "for my heart searching/conscience troubling" Mk1 TT Roadster RSQ3John.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts