Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Audi Q3 (Petrol 2L). the odd time in very cold weather the power steering warning light will come on, on start up, and I lose the power steering, if I turn of the engine off and then re start, all works again, sometime for a few days. or even weeks.
The Audi dealing claims it condensation on the power steering system, and not to worry too much about it as it's a simple re start fix.
Does anyone know of a fix for this issue?
Brian

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
Whilst I wouldn't dream of disputing an Audi dealer's opinion, there's one other possibility that could be worth checking before going too far down the condensation route. The PS is electric and in your part of the globe it's not only cold, it brings a whole new meaning to the word COLD, right? Check the state of your battery. It could be that if the battery is either short on charge or getting old it doesn't have the capacity to put out quite the requisite power in extremely low temperatures, bearing in mind it's just had to put out pretty much maximum power to get the car to start at a time when it's least capable of doing it.

Worth checking as it could be an early warning sign that your battery is about to let you down in a fairly big way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gromit,
Thanks for the feedback, I hope it's not the battery, as I had a new one installed by the Audi dealer about 18 months ago.
Brian

·
Registered
399 Posts
There was a recall for the SQ5 2014-2015 cars due to a sensor fault :

I wonder if the Q3 uses the same sensor, but if it did I would have expected a recall on our cars as well.

Reactions: Gromit
1 - 4 of 4 Posts