Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Q3: S Line S Tronic. I'm sure I read somewhere that it is possible to set the maximum opening height of the power-operated tailgate but I cannot remember if or even how it can be done! This would be really useful when the car is in my garage as it would avoid the tailgate smashing against the open garage door. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi Eddie, welcome to the Forum.
Just a thought, have you had a look in that useful little book that usually lives in the glove box. I think like so many things in this modern world there is an acronym to cover this .....RTFM

·
Registered
738 Posts
From memory, if you open the tailgate to its maximum opening and then pull it down (manually) to where you want it to be, next time you open it, it opens to that level.
Just check though that after having done this, it still does it using your remote, as I've a strange suspicion when I tried it on mine that opening it manually it went to that point, but opening it using my remote reset it to open all the way.
Like I said, above from memory, as Andy P says - its in the manual how to set it up

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi EddiePlenty of explanations on the web, just search for RTFM. If you're expecting something nice, best sit down first.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Read the F*** Manual - RTFM

has a cousin

Read the F*** screen - RTFS, most commonly encountered in IT support environments

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Yes, we are a fountain of knowledge....

·
Registered
757 Posts
The correct solution is to open the tailgate via button, but stop it around half way up. From there, manually push it up until it reaches the height you want it to open up to (leaving a space above the top so it doesn't, for instance, clout your garage door or whatever). With it at the desired height, press in the button on the underside of the door and keep it pressed until you hear a beep.That is when the opening height is set and will continue to open to that level until/unless you change it using the same process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts