Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
First post on the forum. Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place! I'm looking at trading in my A3 sportback for a new Q3 in the new year. I'm going through the audi configuator and have noticed some options are no longer available on the sport and S line trims that were there before? Is this correct?
Also does anyone no whether there are any rear usb ports? I have seen them on some photos but not on the video reviews.
Thanks again,
Maestro

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Can’t help with new car stuff but I just put a decent quality double usb adaptor in the rear power outlet.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Options have definitely been pruned. You need to go to a certain trim level to get certain options nowadays and even then the choice can be limited in the sense that you can't delete or downgrade some options like wheel size - you're stuck with what they (or at least Audi UK) deem is best for you. Officially, part of the explanation is to enable better compliance with emissions standards, which has an element of truth where weight or eg rolling resistance might be associated with an option. But I'm sure that part of it is also to simplify the production process and so lower costs.

(NB Think this is not just Q3 but increasingly common across other models and indeed other manufacturers.)

Edit: Meant to add that according to dealers, it's the less commonly specified options that have been pruned the most, but as above that's only part of the story.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a June 2019 Q3 Sport 40 TDI DSG Quattro and it has two USB outlets on the left-hand side of the lower front console. It also has a 12v socket just to the left of the DSG lever and another one in the side pocket in the luggage area. They are the only sockets available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a June 2019 Q3 Sport 40 TDI DSG Quattro and it has two USB outlets on the left-hand side of the lower front console. It also has a 12v socket just to the left of the DSG lever and another one in the side pocket in the luggage area. They are the only sockets available.
How do you find the car overall?

·
Super Moderator
5,497 Posts
...and if anyone replies "I just open the garage door and there it is" they're off the site, OK? :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ba humbug to you too. ?
Mine is under a car port so is that OK? I even washed it today. ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great, although I cannot actually drive it. I have problems with my legs and now my wife does all the driving and she loves it. She is a good drives and drive in a similar manner to me, quite quickly. I can still like the car, even from the passenger seat. The front seats are the best I have in any of my A3s. We did a long journey to Zell in Germany earlier in the year and the Q3 was very comfortable and with plenty of power on the autobahn. The new style navigation system works very well and my dealer even provided a special e-cloth to wipe the touch screen although I have found I only need to use once in a while. Personally I much prefer the touch screen to the centre wheel arrangement.

The main reason we changed from the A3 to the Q3 was the larger luggage space for my mobility scooter and it has worked out very well. If you want to know any else just ask.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your helpful replies. I've booked a test drive for the middle of next month. Will let you know how I get on. Until then Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to all.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi, I have a new style Q3, and totally love it. It seems lighter on the steering, comfortable to teavel(we did to Geneva and back with no trouble) and cruises nicely. I have no niggles at all.

It’s probably a weird thing to single out, but the extra storage space below the ‘false’ boot floor is fab for storing annoying things that took up boot space before, like walking boots, poles, laptop mains cables etc. Keeps it lovely and clear.

·
Super Moderator
5,497 Posts
Nah, mine doesn't either - standard size garages on the bug-hutches they build today are big enough to hold our classic Mk1 Fiesta and that's about all - both our Audis sit outside on our blockpaved drive.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have never garaged a car although my TVR was in a semi enclosed car port.
In my working life as an architecty person, I always made garage doors 2.4m (8ft) wide and at least 3m internally x 6m long. It was handy having clients with enough land though....the best was four garages wide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi again,
So after a slight delay I ordered a new Q3 3 days ago.
In terms of spec, I went for edition 1, 35 TFSI manual in turbo blue and added alacantara seats, storage pack and comfort and sound pack.
Been told by dealer current lead times are 12 to 14 weeks so can expect to be getting the car early to mid June.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well done but I couldn’t wait that long. I would be fretting all the time.
My new-to-me motorbike was test ridden at 11.30 and picked up ready to go at 15.00 and that was long enough.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I
Hi all,
First post on the forum. Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place! I'm looking at trading in my A3 sportback for a new Q3 in the new year. I'm going through the audi configuator and have noticed some options are no longer available on the sport and S line trims that were there before? Is this correct?
Also does anyone no whether there are any rear usb ports? I have seen them on some photos but not on the video reviews.
Thanks again,
Maestro
Ordered mine in October got last Monday as I timed it for a 20 plate. The options list are small now other than when it was first released.no keyless entry or cockpit plus no more to name but a few unless you get the top spec vorsprung which is very expensive. Pretty stingy options audi. A key in the ignition in a 32k car is pretty poor but I added most of the others as on a lease worked out hardly any more

·
Super Moderator
5,497 Posts
Frankly Mike a key in the ignition is a bloody good thing these days, there's a much better chance of you keeping the car after a visit from the Ungodly! Sod keyless ignition, fancy chucking away four decades of development in vehicle security and replacing it with a piece of vanity technology that renders your pride and joy so easily nickable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why is it on the vorsprung model then as if they're gonna do away with it fair enough but without the power start button on that front display it is a very poor design sticking one button there so I got a genuine s line badge and put that there. It looks pretty good to be honest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I

Ordered mine in October got last Monday as I timed it for a 20 plate. The options list are small now other than when it was first released.no keyless entry or cockpit plus no more to name but a few unless you get the top spec vorsprung which is very expensive. Pretty stingy options audi. A key in the ignition in a 32k car is pretty poor but I added most of the others as on a lease worked out hardly any more
Just seen the pics on the other thread, lovely car. Can you remember how long it took to get your order tracking number from the dealer?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You just need the order number and they can be funny giving it out. I waited a few months as it was pointless before that as the car wasn't made until after Xmas but timed it perfectly for the new registration, got on March 2nd as 1st was a Sunday they couldn't deliver it then.tracking said it was made in martorell Spain which was wrong, they've obviously not updated it as they stopped making it there when the new model took over in October 2018. It is now made at the Gyor factory in Hungary. So yours may say martorell. If so ignore it. Hope that helps:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts