Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if someone can help.Having a nightmare with my SD Card Navigation system. Whenever I try and input a postcode, it will only go straight to the town and wont let me fill out the rest of the postcode.Issue is around the GU postcode. I need to type in GU23 XXX which is not even in Guildford. It just jumps straight to Guildford after I type in GU and wont let me input the rest of the postcode.Same happened with a TW postcode. Jumped straight to Twikenham when the postcode in question (that it wouldnt let me finish) was 10 miles away in Wraysbury near Windsor!Is there a way that you can overide the system and just type in a number?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow I hope you're doing something wrong otherwise I'm going to be seriously annoyed when my car finally gets delivered and I realise I've wasted £500 on a useless satnav!!! (I live in Surrey too!)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have sd sat nav and have no problems with post code input

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have SD sat nav no problem with mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thing is, it does accept a postcode. But gets confused if it is also the start of a towns name. For example - type in a postcode for send in Surrey. Gu23 5fh (made up postcode). You type in gu and then the dial doesn't give any numbers as an option. You can only type in Guildford.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am not sure how the SD card system works, but the tech package nav allows you to enter a number by pressing the bottom right key (see lower right hand corner in the MMI. This allows you to input numbers.I am pretty certain the SD sbased system ahs this too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's it Rontheman!! Thanks so much. Perhaps I should have listened to the guy at the dealer rather than grinning and daydreaming like an excited school kid.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Q3Damo said:
That's it Rontheman!! Thanks so much. Perhaps I should have listened to the guy at the dealer rather than grinning and daydreaming like an excited school kid.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Many Thanks Ronthenman,

That'sa really helpful tip , I was struggling with postcodes onmy SD Nav and it nearly drove me mad!!

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts