Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any ideas on which is the best polish or wax to use for Glacier White.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi. I expect you'll get a whole range of answers to your question. I currently like the Meguiars range of products. I've only cleaned the car to date and hopefully no need to polish and wax for sometime.
I don't mean to offend but do you appreciate the difference between polish and wax and when / how they are used? A quick google for car detailing will explain all. I did not realise for many years and my previous car to the Q3 I only needed wax a couple of times as I took care when cleaning and did not need to remove swirls and scratches.
A snow foam lance for the jet wash has been the best investment I've made for keeping my pride and joy gleaming.
Rgds Mark

·
Registered
103 Posts
I used Autoglym high definition wax last weekend,easy to use andcar looks great

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've used Zymolfor ages but I discovered Turtle Wax Ice synthetic paste last year and I habe to admit it suits my increasingly lazy approach to polishing, it's also a winner of Auto Express tests.

Tony

·
Registered
52 Posts
Having suffered with swirls and holograms in the black paint of my previous car I purchased myself a DA polisher and various pads/polishes. When we got the Q3 I told the dealership not to add the autoglym products and as soon as it came home I used the Meguiars micro fibre system to polish the car (after it had been washed and then clay bar'd to remove any surface contaminants that had attached themselves to the paint whilst in transit). Once the paint was completely polished smooth I then added a coat of Collinite 476s wax, which should last at least 6 months before needing re-application.
Whilst I am not as 'bad' as some of the people on sites like detailing world, I do like to keep the paintwork looking nice and clean and you can spend as much and as little as you like (both monetarily and with regards to your time), but what I would say is that you need to use both polish and wax. Polishing by hand I usually use Autoglym's SRP as this covers a multitude of sins and has some filling agents which help to 'mask' fine scratches (the type you cannot feel with a fingernail) and always use a good quality wax to protect the work you have done with the polishing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I can endorse Simon 1233's comments on the polish and wax he uses.

I too polish the car with Autoglym super resin polish and top it off with Collinite wax (915). After using these for a couple of years now I am pleased to the extent I don't buy other products to try as I am happy with the results. It has lasted 12 months on my daughters polo and still beads well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You wash.. polish.. then wax... the polish is what gives it the shine, then the wax protects your hard work.Get some poorboys white diamond to give it the shine, then as simon suggestedCollinite 476s. Collinite is a very long lasting wax... so if you don't like waxing your car use it :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax, one of the best in my opinion, £140. Per pot plus a included re-fill when required, it sounds a lot but I must have waxed 20cars with it and hardly any product used from the pot, teamed with a good quality car wash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts