Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone has managed to download custom POI's to the SD Sat Nav?
I wanted to add a speed camera locations POI, which can bedownloadedfrom the internet.
Normally, with my TomTom and Nissan built in navigation, I just add them via a USB stick; uploading them.
Is this possible or do Audi ensure 3rd party POI's can't be loaded onto the system?

Appreciateanyones knowledge on this...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not Possible to load POI's in the MMI SatNav. You can add one by one manually, but that is all you can do.Speed Cams are no more in the Sat because of some EU countries that forbid having the option (even without being activated). A 100€ Smartphone instead of a 1K€ Sat System is the solution for speedcams :-(

·
Registered
613 Posts
Agreed - the "Waze" app on Smartphone is more effective and updated more frequently - and is free!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I downloaded Waze after it was mentioned here by Jules, it's brilliant!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just for info: For Waze you need an internet connection and it also gives traffic info.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks AfAX, I hope that sale doesn't go through. The Facebook app on mobiles loots contacts, browsing habits, location and - you name it. I don't doubt that Waze would eventually have to head down the same route to justify the purchase price by FB.

For the moment though, great app, I would happily pay for it but I suppose part of its popularity is that it's free to the end user.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's been touted as being bought by Google, Apple and Facebook - hasn't happened yet....
Live for the now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts