Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q3 ordered, build week 27 but still need to make a decision on the colour. Torn between Phantom Black and Glacier White! Thoughts welcome

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had the same problem with the same colours , when i was going to order last nov , but got offered a phantom black quattro se that was going to be reg as a demo , so i took that to save waiting 5 months .must say i am happy with the colour , and it looks fantastic in the sunshine. just shows the dust .white seems to be the fashion colour at the moment , but im sure you will be happy which ever you choose .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Daytona, there was a black demo car but it wasn't registered so I couldn't take it so I've gone for a factory order. Just need to decide, my biggest concern over the black is the dust..like you say. It will look amazing when it's clean but not sure how long it'll stay looking good..hmm decisions decisions

·
Registered
84 Posts
Currently have a black A4. About six weeks away from a monsoon silver Q3. Not so worried about dust on a black car. Bird crap! Now that really does stand out!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Waytooexcited! said:
Q3 ordered, build week 27 but still need to make a decision on the colour. Torn between Phantom Black and Glacier White! Thoughts welcome
I have just moved on my black Vw Tiguan & it still looked good after 3 1/2 yrs but their is no hiding the stone chips on the bonnet or the small scratches from day to day use as the undercoat/primer is light grey.Having said this Black looks brilliant when clean & polished but to keep it in tip top condition it requires alot of work & on a regular basis not just a quick wash off once a week.

Edited by: S Line

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am lazy and went for the easy to keep clean option with my order, white.
I did have a black VW in the past and although it looked great when just cleaned it took a lot of hard work to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Someone else mentioned the stone chips. The tiguan does look great in Black especially with the chrome. The S line will have the chrome grill and I think it'll look great. Has anyone got any pics of a Q3 in Glacier?! I've only seen one Q3 and that was the black one in the showroom, they're almost non existent on the roads!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Waytooexcited
I have the Glacier white and the Q3 looks really good in this colour. I would recommend that you go for the full colour option if you opt for white (£100 extra) but I think car looks better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks oldgranti, I'm not sure I know what the full colour is? So far I've paid £575 (or £525) for the metallic black but I can still change the order. Is the full colour payment in addition to this? Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,
I should have said full paint finish but I notice you have went for S line which has full paint finish as standard unlike SE which is optional at extra cost. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah OK, got it! If I hadn't got the S line I would definitely have paid extra for the full finish. Still so undecided! Pros and cons to both.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Do you know that Daytona Grey cars are the fastest

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes DelItoo, have realised thisthis little known fact.So fast are they,that my Daytona Grey order has already accellerated forward from build week 45 to 37.Not bad far a car thats still a washing machine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<!-->

I would select the metallic white among these two because
the black color is rather demanding (as mentioned earlier). You will also see
all the dents a mail a way as well as fine scratches from car wash brushes. However,
the metallic effect will reduce the problem with the scratches.

White color makes all the forms of the car more noticeably. This
is also why the car makers quite often uses white color when they launch new
models.

In my opinion, the metallic white adds a nice contrast
between body and xenon headlights, grille (and other chrome details), as well
as window surroundings. I also like the high contrast between the black skirt
and white body in case of SE models (no full paint finish). It makes the car
look slimmer and more well-proportioned to me.
On the other hand, the black color is kind of safe choice
because there are so many peoples who likes about it. Quite a few peoples also
associates black color to valuableness and nobleness (perhaps because of the state
cars are often black or dark blue).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I disagree with the full paint finish looking better,I have the glacier white with the wheel arches etc in the black and I think it makes the pearlescent white paint stand out more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts