Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3
803 Posts
Wow -Ju-,that was around what I paid to top up swmbo’s Black Edition only a few months ago! Surely there isn’t a world shortage of pigs -p**s or whatever animal’s urine is in the stuff…..that really is,well,taking the…..🤬
When I had the SQ5 Audi said it had free adblue top ups for life. I never needed one in the 22 months I owned it but this blooming transit drinks the stuff !

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Anyone who can is probably making up for lost Covid income by seeing how far they can go with illicit price rises because none of us will ask for proof that their costs have really gone up.

Reactions: -Ju- and TheJam

·
Registered
606 Posts
It's time to switch electric, that's where this world want us to be tbh.
For me I have never experienced V8 in my life or 400bhp before it all ends I would love to have one.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Curiously, I've been working with the company that claims to be the world's largest producer of Adblue this year and have discovered that Urea is now manufactured synthetically from ammonia and CO₂ (carbon dioxide). I'm aware that there are considerable supply chain issues globally both for raw material availability and transport costs and that's driving up prices everywhere.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3
803 Posts
It's time to switch electric, that's where this world want us to be tbh.
For me I have never experienced V8 in my life or 400bhp before it all ends I would love to have one.
Yes it almost makes you think these high fuel prices are a convenient way to push more and more towards electric.
I wonder what the plan is for the loss of fuel duty as the balance between fossil fuel and electric changes and where fuel prices will be as we properly enter the electric age?

·
Registered
2022 RSQ3 SE in Dayton Grey, C&S, red calipers
439 Posts
I think you have a very good point Ju. Most of the fuel tax is not used in conjunction with transport, similar to Road Tax. As the Chancellor's take is riding high at present it will meet a rising cross line on the graph when a critical number of evs are registered. I imagine there is a plan to capture and squeeze the rising numbers of 'milk floats' to fill and enhance the gap left by ice vehs. Seems there is no escape; birth, death and taxes.
The sooner hydrogen comes the better.

Mike

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Knocking on the door of 68, I am probably in a better position than you youngsters as we won’t have to face 20 years of EV evolution.
I hope to hang on to the RS until it becomes untenable and, by then, our mileage will pribably be even lower than the current 5k so a decent used EV will probably be viable and acceptable. At least with our soending power, something with performance will be possible.

To be honest, even now, 90% of our car use would work with an EV but holidays would/could be a pain as we do like to rack up the miles (while we can still cope with longer days in the car). The thought of 15 minutes in a service station is bad enough, let alone up to a couple of hours queuing and then waiting for charging.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Once the masses jump to EV substantially, resulting in huge losses of fossil fuel duty tax, Vat etc, we will be paying "per mile" to drive.

Reactions: Gromit and DavidS

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I might add to my holiday scenario. Every hotel will surely need to provide charging at every parking space plus it will have to provide a surplus of parking. What about b&b’s etc where it will probably have on street parking. Some holiday cottages in little seaside villages say to park in the nearby public car park. Do you have to get up at 2.00pm to move your car?

I’m not averse to charging per mile to be honest, it’s done by stealth with fuel duty and VAT.

Maybe self charging hybrids are the least worst option as I really can’t see reliable charging being available to the masses for donkeys years yet. Our village still had overhead electricity supply so it must surely be limited in output. It’s like offering 900Mb internet - we have finally got to 500 here but with no scope for any increase. Currently we are on a 40Mb limit with a possible 66 using copper from a fibre box in the village but fibre was finally connected to the pole in out front hedge a month ago. A reliable 100 would probably be plenty for us to be honest as we don’t do films or big downloads.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I agree but what is worse is that 3 Shell garages in a 4 mile radius have 95 Octane with a 11p per litre price differential.

·
Registered
263 Posts
£1.999/ltr for Momentum yesterday!!! Absolutely insane…..when will the masses realise that the real profiteer’s in all this are the Government with their massive compounded tax on fuel? We need a bloody revolution!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
We’ve all learnt that there is bu**er all we can do about it so we just carry on as before.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Sadly the way price elasticity works once a willingness to pay threshold has been realised then the price doesn't fall back to the previous point.

I do note that filling station forecourts seem quieter, as are the roads around here.

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
Aren't they just! Just returned from Tonbridge in the rush hour and apart from a holdup caused by roadworks at the A249/M2 junction it was a breeze compared with the usual rush hour traffic levels.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts