Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

Super Moderator
I had a Dolomite Sprint, bought it off a British Leyland worker in Oxford who had bought it through the employee car scheme - Mimosa Yellow, one of the very 1st cars, no overdrive, There is an identical car in the Coventry Transport Museum. Was a quick car back in the mid 1970s... I still have the proper BL workshop manual and parts catalogue. :rolleyes:

Aluminium wheel nuts and aluminium wheels - what a fantastic idea...not!

Registered
Petrol just keeps going up here, even though oil prices have supposedly dropped. If I put 75 quid in from empty the needle is only showing around 3/4 of a tank. :(

Super Moderator
I'm not affected by the fuel price rises, I just put in 50 quid's worth each time. o_O

Reactions: Menace and simonali

Registered
Shame you need to go back there again in 20 miles.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromit

Registered
Just been on a 300 mile ish motorway journey. I stopped at a motorway filling station for feeding and watering. The price of a litre of Shell premium was 拢191.9. I wonder why the forecourt was empty?

Registered
Just been on a 300 mile ish motorway journey. I stopped at a motorway filling station for feeding and watering. The price of a litre of Shell premium was 拢191.9. I wonder why the forecourt was empty?
I honestly have no idea why anyone parts with their hard earned at shell garages... The ones closest to me today are already 拢1.88 for normal unleaded, not even Vpower. Supermarket was 拢1.69, Robbing g!ts of the highest order!

Reactions: TheJam

Registered
Not as bad as BP.
Shell V Power seems good but pricey. BP is just pricey with no gains.
Tesco 99 for me last week.

Registered
It just goes to show how crazy petrol prices are. Our local Shell charges 拢1.76.9 for premium unleaded and a Texaco about half a mile away charges 拢1.81.9 for the same fuel type. We have an Asda about 5 miles away where the same fuel is 拢1.68.9.

Registered
I love the way the Yanks are bleating on about the price of gas. I think it's creeping up towards $5 a gallon over there now. Poor them!

It's over $8 in some LA areas, though, so the drivers there are paying almost as much as we were 6 months ago. My heart bleeds.

Registered
I love the way the Yanks are bleating on about the price of gas. I think it's creeping up towards $5 a gallon over there now. Poor them!

It's over $8 in some LA areas, though, so the drivers there are paying almost as much as we were 6 months ago. My heart bleeds.
We were in Vegas in April, the cheapest we found was $5.47 for a US gallon......one of the few things American that's smaller than over here. Last time we went in October 2019, it was around the $2.80 mark.

Registered
Shell now 197.9. At this rate, by the end of this year, the contents of the tank will be worth more than the car.

Registered
I have started experimenting more on that electric smart car we got last November.
Some rough calculations tell me charging at home gives me 10miles for a pound.
It's the smallest EV anyway range battery etc.
Did A to B route rough calculation and found out on EV it costs 3 pounds of electricity.
On Q3 TFSI 45 it costs around 6 to 7 pounds of fuel.
But joy of driving is lost......
Feels like traveling on a Tube in London underground :rolleyes:

Registered
I believe that in the petrol chain there is significant profiteering. My local Shell is now 拢191.9, the Tesco is 拢194.9 and Asda is 拢174.9. on my planet this does not stack up.

Reactions: DavidS

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Just filled my van up at Sainsburys (York) nearly full glanced over at Asda (next door) 6 Pence cheaper a Litre Dam. Told Sainsburys what I thought ha ha , They said Sainsburys cheaper yesterday ??? So Ill watch out next time.

Registered
2016 RSQ3
Just filled my van up at Sainsburys (York) nearly full glanced over at Asda (next door) 6 Pence cheaper a Litre Dam. Told Sainsburys what I thought ha ha , They said Sainsburys cheaper yesterday ??? So Ill watch out next time.
I put some adblue in the van this morning, not so long ago (less than a year) it was 拢11 for 10 litres. It's now 拢18.50.....the world has gone mad!

Registered
I put some adblue in the van this morning, not so long ago (less than a year) it was 拢11 for 10 litres. It's now 拢18.50.....the world has gone mad!
Wow -Ju-,that was around what I paid to top up swmbo鈥檚 Black Edition only a few months ago! Surely there isn鈥檛 a world shortage of pigs -p**s or whatever animal鈥檚 urine is in the stuff鈥..that really is,well,taking the鈥..馃が

Reactions: -Ju-
41 - 60 of 77 Posts