Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Witley near Worcester last week…small garage/shop….Esso unleaded £1.50.9!!
They are getting slated on social media as 8 to 10p over everyone else.
Surprisingly, cheaper in the south east than round there now we’re home.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Yeah, Tesco Momentum 99 - £1.469

Sure makes a Kia EV6 look tempting!

·
Registered
94 Posts
£149.9 for Momentum at Tesco in Blackburn when I last filled up a few days ago. It has gone up 4p per litre this week.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I didn’t see any 97 around the Malvern area last week so used 95 for the whole trip.
Nothing to complain about on the performance front but I did have my passenger….

Not seen 97 in the south east for weeks but not been near Tescos as it’s a trek from here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
£149.9 for Momentum at Tesco in Blackburn when I last filled up a few days ago. It has gone up 4p per litre this week.
Same around me mate... Beyond a joke this :unsure:

Reactions: S3GCN

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use Waze to check prices near me. Set it up as super unleaded prices.
Map Font World Urban design Parallel

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
141.7ppl for Unleaded @ Morrisons in Gromit's Retreat (East Kent).

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
In North Leeds 143.9p for Shell Premium 95 E10 and 137.9p for local Asda 95. Wiz Bang from Shell is 151.9p.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Twas 145.9 in Morrisons in Tewkesbury on Friday morning.
I can’t see the justification for these price variations around the country.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I was told an interesting story by the manager at my local Shell. Before he starts work he has to drive around the area noting the prices at competitive forecourts. When he arrives at work he dials a number and tells Shell the pricing then they tell him what price he must charge. Cartel or what!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Diesel @ Shell Bracknell £1.51.9
Budget on Wednesday I wonder if it will ho up again 🤔

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I was told an interesting story by the manager at my local Shell. Before he starts work he has to drive around the area noting the prices at competitive forecourts. When he arrives at work he dials a number and tells Shell the pricing then they tell him what price he must charge. Cartel or what!
I have heard similar in the past. I also recall that the retailer makes very little per litre, which is why they all have shops, cafes etc but that may have changed in recent times.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
The data on fuel prices at respective filling stations is held on a national database, this is also the case right across Europe - hence systems like Audi's MMI in F3 Q3 being able to tell you.

In the pricing world - or 'Revenue Management' as its called in the business there are desires to dynamically change the pump prices several times a day - its a hot topic in the retail end of the oil industry right now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Cartel or what!
I'm not sure it's a cartel - isn't that where prices are agreed and fixed in advance by all sellers in a given territory?

I'm involved with an online business selling tech products and we do much the same. Every 1-2 weeks (though certainly not daily) we check a basket of products online to see what price our competitors are selling at and if necessary adjust our prices. I'm sure they do much the same to us. There's no collusion between and we avidly trying to win business off one another, for which price is obviously an important factor. But the outcome in practice is that prices are as low as they reasonably can be while allowing each business enough margin to remain viable long-term. In other words, it's an efficient marketplace.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Filled up at Tesco in Peterborough last week at £144.9....went to Gloucester at the weekend and it was £137.9 at Sainsbury's, Barnwood in Gloucester!

·
Registered
2022 RSQ3 SE in Dayton Grey, C&S, red calipers
439 Posts
£153.9/l in Ullapool

Mike

1 - 20 of 77 Posts