Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Just wanted your thoughts on petrol vs diesel. I would really like the performance of the 211bhp petrol engine but do you think that the residuals on the petrol models will be a lot less than the diesel 177bhp?Look forward to your comments.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Tough call this one, I would expect the diesel to have better residuals than a petrol version andI would think a diesel would be easier to sell on, easiest way to find out would be to get a dealer to give you an PCP quote on both car, you will then be able to get a rough idea of what Audi think the cars will be worth in 3/4 years time.BTW you could always chip the diesel to 200bhp and get the best of both worlds.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply Del, I read somewhere that Audi are only expecting petrol versions to account for 15% of UK sales so Iguess that answers my question regarding demand.
The remap sounds good, I am a fan of this, have done it with my last two cars. You quoted that the diesel could be taken up to 200bhp but have you seen the figures for the petrol.....211 > 260bhp!!! A huge jump in performance.
But I guess that I should to besensible about this and go for the diesel.....or not!

·
Registered
563 Posts
TBH if you want an SUV diesel is the way to go and 200bhp is perfectly adequate in the Q3 chassis in the world we live in today, if you want 260bhp you are probably looking at the wrong type of car, you will never exploit that kind of power in a SUV.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Del said:
TBH if you want an SUV diesel is the way to go and 200bhp is perfectly adequate in the Q3 chassis in the world we live in today, if you want 260bhp you are probably looking at the wrong type of car, you will never exploit that kind of power in a SUV.
And would probably go round corners on 2 wheels as well!!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
ianv said:
Del said:
And would probably go round corners on 2 wheels as well!!!
Sounds interesting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts