Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since new (now 9000 miles) I've had an annoying squeak somewhere near the drivers position. It sounds like something rubbing against something else, like perhaps plastic against plastic.
I thought it was the trim somewhere in the dashboard behind the steering wheel, but couldn't figure it out.
It's taken me months, but I finally sourced it.
Thinking it was to do with the door, I tried driving with door open (off road), but no luck.
Then I finally noticed that it goes away when foot off the accelerator.
Its the gas pedal! It rubs against its mounting when pressed any amount, but not when released.

Now how to fix it? Oil would certainly solve it, but would be messy in the cabin. So would grease. Maybe I have to cut that plastic next to the pedal and increase the clearance.

The last time I had a noise like that it was from glass fragments after a broken windscreen. A fragment (you know that chunky shatter proof stuff) lodged in the dash pressing on the new windscreen fitted. It scratched against the screen making a noise like fingernails on a school blackboard.!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You could try ptfe spray. Just make sure you cover the carpet so it doesn't get coated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This one has been identified by Audi, as the squeak with the lower part of the driver seat.
They will solve it next time you will visit your dealer.
As say Dave, i think some some ptfe spray will solve it...

·
Registered
563 Posts
If it's the seat try moving the backrest back and forth a couple of times, that should give a temporary cure.VAG group cars have had this problem for years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have identified the source of the squeak, as mentioned in the original post.
Its the accelerator pedal rubbing on the plastic trim beside it.
Nothing to do with the seat.

Thanks for the PTFE spray idea. Much less messy than oil or WD40 or similar.

I don't think the dealer will fix it as they won't get a chance. I don't yet see any reason to go to the dealer. (other than the issue of resetting the service indicator properly to the long life cycle)

Edited by: mm5aho

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same squeak from the accelerator pedal. Tried PTFE spray but no joy. Mine seems to be the plastic mounting on the floor, if I can't cure it I think I will take it back to the dealer, try a new pedal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts