Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Has anyone tried to retrofit lock unlock button on passenger door interior.
Similar to drivers side.
I can see blank plate and I think on certain regional models they do have a lock unlock button on passenger door as well.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Ian Cropper did the retrofit but it was on the old model Q3 -

Problem with upgrades for the new model is the lack of on line parts info and wiring diagms etc

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spike.
Yeah that's the thing can't even see the actual button online for left hand so thought to post it , let's see how far I go with this thought of having a button on passenger side.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Spike for all the info.
I got it I was under impression those blank plates could be removed.
Looking at link you shared you need to change the complete handle and then of course wiring.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hi KJ
I had assumed the later door handles would be similar to the old versions but on closer inspection of the ebay pics noted they do seem to have a removable blanking plate (just like you suggested)
Certainly worth a trip to the Dealers for a look at the parts screen to see what's available. Wiring and coding would still be needed but a look behind the drivers door card should give a good idea of how the wires run to the control module

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
581 Posts
Can I please ask why you would want to do this?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes car engine is running for heating purposes wife and daughter are inside car.
So passenger should be able to lock/unlock all 4 doors.
Well my previous car had that feature, rather than wife trying to jump to driver side and pressing the lock button.
Or if the same can be done by other method maybe?
Car engine running car in park and if we use key fob lock button while sitting inside would that trigger any alarm haven't tested it yet myself.
Or even if engine not running and you want to lock from inside.
That's the use for me.
Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am not sure how you lock the car without enabling the alarm. If you do lock all the doors with the central locking then each door can be individually unlocked from the inside. If you do use the key fob to lock the car from the inside or outside then the alarm is also enabled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts